The Last Great Georgetown Cocktail Party (Spring Collection)

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Last Great Georgetown Cocktail Party (Spring Collection)

Post by fabienne » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:41 pm

Darlings, in honor of the very last collection for my "old" website I have decided to tell you a fabulous story which is all too true. You will not believe some of the outrageousness of it, but I assure you that I witnessed it all with my own astonished eyes as a child. A seminal set of events which made me into a neurotic mess, or a perfectly wacky way of the world at the time which has rendered me a creative genius by dint of exposure to the impossible? You be the judge.

To accompany the collection, there will be a two part tale of parties, low intrigue, desecration, arbitrage, massive egos, the ancient class system of Washington D.C. before the age of enlightenment, animal rampage, and bad art. What could one want on top of that.

To amuse you even further, I shall present to you the actual painting about which this tale is written, some of the fine artifacts appearing in said painting, and a thorough rendering of the characters and motives of those involved in this evening which no one who witnessed it will ever forget.

If you love snobs, Washington D.C., Big Perfume, fine wine, and incredible pretention, you will adore this story: The Last Great Georgetown Cocktail Party. Coming on April 24th to Possets Perfume.
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!

thesibylqueen
archangel
archangel

Re: The Spring Collection

Post by thesibylqueen » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:01 pm

OMG.

YES.

:bchamp:
My swap/sell list as well as my wishlist: http://www.possets.com/talking/viewtopi ... 1491#p1491

Annemathematics
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Annemathematics » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:09 pm

:pom: :pom:
Sounds exciting. Can't wait to crash this party.

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:10 pm

*Huge happy sigh
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:12 pm

As an introverted hippie, these kind of parties terrify me. (What, no patchouli? Whimper.) (Tobacco??? Brightens.) I am sure your wonderful scents will be a great handholding through the the trauma and hey, I might even kiss a mucky muck in my bare feet and flowing skirts if get enough champagne in me!

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:49 pm

Here is quite a teaser. This is a detail of the real portrait I am talking about and which is the centerpiece of the next collection. I have color corrected it for the ravages of time but it is the same as I remember it.

This isn't just any old portrait, it has a background of pathos, bathos, high family emotions, and more. I will be writing about it's reception into the house, the people who welcomed it in, and the night I remember so well (how could I forget). The perfumes are designed around the image and story.

I will be showing you the accouterments you see on the image and the background which brought about some of the amazing activities of its first night in the home.

All this, and the Grand Unveiling of the entire picture on the site will occur on April 24th as promised. So dust off your faux mink stoles, get out your shirtwaist dresses and gaudy jewels. You will need them and I think you will have a snorting good time!

:bchamp: :bchamp: :bchamp: :bchamp: :bchamp: :bchamp: :bchamp: :bchamp: :bchamp:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:02 pm

Ooooh my! This collection sounds very intriguing!
:star:
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by stellamaris » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:52 am

:hrt:: color me fascinated!!!!

Thaleia
mortal
mortal

Post by Thaleia » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:14 pm

As a resident of Washington, D.C. and a history nerd, I am very excited to see this. I can't wait to hear the story and see the collection!
Quod scimus loquimur, quod vidimus testamur

funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:21 am

I am so pumped for this collection. Love this theme. LOVE. IT.