The Last Great Georgetown Cocktail Party (Spring Collection)

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: The Last Great Georgetown Cocktail Party (Spring Collection)

Post by stellamaris » Mon May 04, 2015 8:42 pm

:pom: yikes they are here!!!!!!
I couldn't rip them out of the bubble wrap and start pouring them on me because I am wearing The Glutton's Delight today, which is the strongest perfume ever made, and the longest lasting. :eyeroll:
That said, wow...just out of the mailbox and I am thrilled. Fijian Broach smells so tart and fruity!!!!
Mink Stole is gorgeous, smells alot like Glutton's Delight, or maybe that's the actual Gluttons Delight that I am still smelling :rofl:

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Tue May 05, 2015 9:58 am

Hooray! People are getting their Possets and now I will be hearing what you think! I lerve it!!
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!

hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 » Tue May 05, 2015 9:54 pm

Package arrived today, and my nose is completely screwed up thanks to allergies. :debbil:

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Re: The Spring Collection

Post by katiushka » Fri May 08, 2015 10:49 am

celandine wrote:Squee! What a lovely email to wake up to! :) Already put in an order, can't wait to sniff some of these!!
Celandine, I saw you gave Van Gogh Desecrated For Charity a rave review. It sounds really good, but the honey note scares me. I tried Holy, Holy, Holy, and that didn't work out well for me. Have you tried that scent, perchance? If yes, did it go well with your skin chemistry? Thank you!

celandine
primordial
primordial

Post by celandine » Thu May 21, 2015 9:41 am

Celandine, I saw you gave Van Gogh Desecrated For Charity a rave review. It sounds really good, but the honey note scares me. I tried Holy, Holy, Holy, and that didn't work out well for me. Have you tried that scent, perchance? If yes, did it go well with your skin chemistry? Thank you!
I've never tried Holy, Holy, Holy and offhand I can't think of any other Posset's honey notes that I've tried to compare to, but for me at least, the honey in Van Gogh is very light. I'm pretty sure I know what you mean though - I've tried scents with honey notes from other companies and they never work for me - it ends up being a sickly sweet, almost rotting scent. I don't get that at all here, thank goodness!

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Thu May 21, 2015 3:58 pm

celandine wrote:
I've never tried Holy, Holy, Holy and offhand I can't think of any other Posset's honey notes that I've tried to compare to, but for me at least, the honey in Van Gogh is very light. I'm pretty sure I know what you mean though - I've tried scents with honey notes from other companies and they never work for me - it ends up being a sickly sweet, almost rotting scent. I don't get that at all here, thank goodness!
I find the Van Gogh honey very delicate also--less overtly honeyish than either Holy x 3 or Golden Diadem.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

Annemathematics
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Annemathematics » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:31 am

Well I am a little sad that the cocktail party is coming to a close.

I wore Georgetown the other day and i must be crazy for I felt wafts of nostalgia in the bottle along with the leather.

Thank you, Fabienne, for hosting such a grand fete. Hopefully no beloved parakeets were startled this time around. (I did place a last minute order for Animal Rampage. Just as I type now I realize how strangely fitting this is to end this release with this order).

Cheers everyone and see you on the new website!

Did anyone else snag a last minute bottle?

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:07 am

I am also sad the party is coming to a close. So many scents that I didn't get to try, but I slipped away with the Seductive Jesuit and may never recover. Beautiful collection and such a fun, wonderful story! Thank you for being the perfect hostess, Fabienne!