Halloween 2015

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Halloween 2015

Post by fabienne » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:41 am

:pumpsmile: :jackoface: :pumpsmile: Well, I am pleased to announce that Possets' Halloween Collection is here! It's called The Scent of Night and there are 33 perfume to choose from. I really fell in love with the notion of peach for autumn, it seems too warm and cloying for summer and so just right with things like pumpkin and patchouli. I used a lot of different nuances of peach this time around and so I think there will be a charm in there for you. Also the leaf scents were very good, and some of them were surprisingly easy to tease out of the ingredients I had! Pumpkin, of course, is center stage, as is apple (again there are a lot of different apple facets and I tried to explore a lot of them and had a ball doing it.

Three perfumes returned from years gone by, despite their being around at Retour. I could not have Halloween without Halloween, it comes back every year and is one of the first perfume I ever made and still consider it THE heart of Halloween distilled into a bottle. Then there is Ghost Fart, which I think smells what a ghost fart should smell like. Finally, there is a Perfumer's Choice blend, Autumnal Equinox. I adore Autumnal Equinox and want to offer it as a showcased Seasonal this year.

Speaking of showcased perfumes, I chose Howl as the headliner blend. It's the berries in terms of fall and winter sexy scents.

The theme of the collection is monsters. I chose the lead image (which is called The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters by Goya) before the discussion got underway on the forum about having different monsters from around the world be the subject of my endeavors. Seemed like a great fit to me, so I went for it. I learned a lot, was challenged (I am looking at you, Sasquatch), played fiercely with ingredients, and had a ball picking out images. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it.

So, explore The Scent of Night. I think you will want to linger.
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!

Annemathematics
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Halloween 2015

Post by Annemathematics » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:11 pm

Thank you so much, Fabienne. What a wonderful range of perfumes.

Question:
Are http://possets.com/a-special-posset/spi ... erfume-oil
And
http://possets.com/a-special-posset/dan ... erfume-oil
Different names for the same scent? The descriptions are the same.
Last edited by Annemathematics on Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jackieo
archangel
archangel

Post by jackieo » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:18 pm

So many amazing blends for autumn this year. I adore apple and peach, so this will be hard to cut my list down to three or four.

This is my list so far

Asmodeous
Autumnal Equinox
Death Apple
Jurogumo
Kelpie
Redcap

gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:49 pm

Zombie - marshmallow and oudh may be my holy grail scent for fall. *swoons*

loving all the patchouli!

Asmodeus (!)
Grim Reaper
Jin (!)
Min-Min (!)
Kuchisaki-onna
Lady Hawke (!)
Ouija

That's my shortlist. I'll have to see how rose plays in these scents. It's not usually good on me but then again, Halo and Texas are amazing.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:39 pm

Annemathematics wrote:Thank you so much, Fabienne. What a wonderful range or perfumes.

Question:
Are http://possets.com/a-special-posset/spi ... erfume-oil
And
http://possets.com/a-special-posset/dan ... erfume-oil
Different names for the same scent? The descriptions are the same.
That was a duplicate but one has been taken down (no one bought it by the time I found it) so everything is AOK.
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:14 pm

I love the Zombie owl, that must have just gone up a few minutes ago! I hope that will be on the bottle. :wink:

jackieo
archangel
archangel

Post by jackieo » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:31 pm

Thanks to Angi for doing the decant circle, I will be able to try all these scents. I cannot wait :frolic:

Annemathematics
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Annemathematics » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:22 pm

what a beautiful offering, Fabienne! :halloyes:
:leaves:
currently curiousest about: :catpump:
black annis
dancing with the sprites in the fall rain
kuchisake-onna
lady hawke
min-min (ghost lights)
strigoi
the flirty she-corpse
the scent of night
xuong cuong
:batflap:
and I love the theme of St Expedite, although i don't know that I pull off candy scents that well. :spinskull:

hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:32 pm

Hi Fabienne, are you not offering seasonals in larger sizes anymore? There is no option to change the size, just add 1 to cart.

Malaena
primordial
primordial

Post by Malaena » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:45 pm

DEATH APPLE!!!

Oh my god Fabienne turned my recipe into a perfume!!! ERMAHGERRRRRRRRD!!!!
:frolic:

Thank you so much, Fabienne! I'm honored and thrilled!!!!!!!