Yule 2015!!!

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

fireweaver
mortal
mortal

Re: Yule 2015!!!

Post by fireweaver » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:53 am

Snuck in a small order as stress relief from work. Bottles of moonbux, empress cixi, and winter(mucha) and a sample pack. I'm curious about a few others, but I'll try and wait for reviews.

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:21 pm

I'm so overwhelmed with delight over the Yule offerings, I'm just here to ramble about what looks good! Darnit, Fabienne! How am I going to choose among all these lovely things?

I'm really delighted with the fact that there are a few refreshing treats for those who live south of the equator. I get so wound up in my psuedo-pagan winter revels that I often forget that there are those who celebrate Christmas in record-breaking heat! Besides Holiday in Oz, it sounds like Frog Princess and Osmium would be suitable for a holiday in the heat.

Romping Skyclad is my #1 posset at the moment, so Yule Romp is calling my name. My mom always veered towards the most fragrant Christmas trees and my stocking was always stuffed with oranges which we ate all morning waiting for the turkey to be done. So orange/clementine + fir is the ultimate holiday scent to me. And Repose! Just the painting is swoon-worthy. That dress! And the look on the model's face implies that her relationship with the painter was far from chaste!

My list of intrigues: Dirty Angel (Animal Angel sounds possible, but I should pass after Sasquatch went horribly wrong on me), Emine, Girl in White, Holiday in Oz, Horhus, Judith Leyster Self-Portrait, Lady and a Baby Unicorn, Moonbux, Nell Gwyn (what exactly is a Thanksgiving pudding? Is it the one with corn?), Osmium, Peppermint Pig, Repose, and Yule Romp.

I have GOT to narrow this down, or else nobody will be getting presents this year except me!

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:12 pm

Just finished all the orders placed on 11/29, now working on the 11/30 orders.
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:54 pm

I love vetiver and was very interested in Lady with Baby Unicorn but was also wondering what type of a combination it is--thank you for any further note information.

Chime
archangel
archangel

Post by Chime » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:26 pm

For some odd reason Snow Solstice caught my eye this time around. I am not sure about the coconut or the mint though, haha.

My favuorite perfumes were Hope, Wings of an angel, and this looks like it's gonna stray too wildly from the tried and true. It sounds like it might be the coconut version of moon, which didn't work for me. eh, damn indecision.
codexnocturna.blogspot.com

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:44 pm

marisaviola wrote:I love vetiver and was very interested in Lady with Baby Unicorn but was also wondering what type of a combination it is--thank you for any further note information.
Wow, sorry I ignored your post. I see what you mean. I think I was caught in a cut and paste whirl as I was putting descriptions up. The vetiver is married with three vanillas: dry, fat, and sweet. Quite a remarkable blend for sure, and the thought was lusty virginity. :hrt::

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:08 pm

Thank you, Fabienne! I'll be placing an order soon...Lots of lovely fragrances to choose from! :frolic:

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:53 am

I ordered Frida Kahlo, Empress Cixi, Mucha Winter, and Repose. It grieves me that Emine has white oude in it, because in every other respect it sounds gorgeous. Ah well, can't have everything. I debated over Madame X3, but I do have a lot of vanillas already... if I end up making a second order, though, it'll probably be in it.

And Fabienne, thank you so much for the free shipping!
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:56 pm

I just thought I would mention the website seem to flash back and forth sometimes between showing Halloween and Yule, but mostly it's still on Halloween when you go to the home page.

A lovely photo of you in the black dress, Fabienne--

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:40 pm

Hmmmm, I suspect that this is your cache interfering with the goodness. If you dump your cache, I suspect you will be OK. As for me in the dress, bully for you! You are the first person who noticed!!!!