News In 2016

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

mina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: News In 2016

Post by mina » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:17 am

hill78 wrote:It is very hard for me to accept I will never have the joy of a new Fabienne creation.
I'm still looking at my perfumes and can't believe there'll not be another one.

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:04 am

Hello, everyone,

I am so thankful that Minh Scent wrote to me to let me know this morning about Fabienne. I had last checked on the weekend to see if there was any news of Fabienne's relative or re: Atropos and how she's doing, so I had no idea this had happened. I am in shock. I feel so sad, it does not feel like it can be real. Thank you so much to Warrior Two for contributing the obituary. I wonder also as some have mentioned if the elderly relative was Fabienne's own situation, or if, like Warrior Two mentioned, she may have been in the midst of that and then got diagnosed herself. Reading her last posts about the perfumes it does strike me that she seemed hopeful to create a Yule collection, unless perhaps she planned on having someone else carry out her recipes for her. Also,she spoke of writing a new series for us, which sounded hopeful. She also brought up doing Halloween of 2017 since she couldn't do it this year, all of which sound like she did not envision her life ending soon.

If anyone knows of a way to reach Fabienne's family I would like to send them a card to express my sympathy and how much I enjoy Possets and the wonderful place on the forum that Fabienne created for us here.

Re: the forum, I didn't know if this one costs a lot, and I know several have mentioned we don't know what the family will choose to do with Possets. I belong to a forum on Proboards and it looks like it's free and works well, I think. I hope that we can stay together and open a forum in Fabienne's memory if this one shuts down.

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:24 am

I am wearing "Bouquet a la Marechale" today from the Sicilian Seduction summer collection in her memory. She did violets so beautifully. I'm so grateful I collected every one that I knew about and will cherish my bottles.

http://www.paintinghere.com/painting/ed ... s_752.html

funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:48 pm

So sudden, so sad. I really feel for her family, 65 is so young.

Hard to comprehend that there will be no more perfume, and that it's the end of an era.

mina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by mina » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:27 am

Her niece posted on facebook.
Apparently she had cancer and had a surgery.

I wear my perfumes with sadness and with joy. Sadness because I know there will be no more wonderful creations and joy because I'm so glad I have known this wonderful person.

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:36 am

mina wrote:Her niece posted on facebook.

I wear my perfumes with sadness and with joy. Sadness because I know there will be no more wonderful creations and joy because I'm so glad I have known this wonderful person.
The more I think about it, the more I wonder if maybe she was, indeed, the sick relative. She came from impeccable breeding, after all...maybe she did not want anyone to feel anxious, or sorry for her, or be the center of attention. She knew how everyone would react. I forget sometimes (coming from a boisterous, uncensored family) that there are some families that don't divulge information on their own situation.

I guess it's neither here nor there...it's just been on my mind.

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:36 am

Yeah, you are right...the true story is neither here nor there....but did I go back to read the old posts...about March 11 she starts talking about her relative....and my heart really sank, reading between the lines. She was extremely brave, hopeful and positive. Ah, so it was cancer. I guessed so. What else can take someone so swiftly. Wearing St. Fabian today.

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:11 am

warriortwo wrote:I spoke way too soon. Fall is coming on and I'm looking at a halloween season without tempting witchy autumn scents...I'm looking at some of the other offerings out there but I should resist; very few indie perfumes work on me and I'm always disappointed. It will make the return that much sweeter.

Hope you are doing well, Fabienne! Much love.

One of my recs for Halloween scents is Alkemia on etsy. Go here:https://www.etsy.com/shop/Alkemia?ref=l ... eader-name

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:13 am

Minh Scent wrote:Yeah, you are right...the true story is neither here nor there....but did I go back to read the old posts...about March 11 she starts talking about her relative....and my heart really sank, reading between the lines. She was extremely brave, hopeful and positive. Ah, so it was cancer. I guessed so. What else can take someone so swiftly. Wearing St. Fabian today.

Same here for reading between the lines now. And I thought it might be cancer as well. My heart is broken again. My dad, now Fabienne. Trying not to cry at work.

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:15 am

warriortwo wrote:
mina wrote:Her niece posted on facebook.

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if maybe she was, indeed, the sick relative. She came from impeccable breeding, after all...maybe she did not want anyone to feel anxious, or sorry for her, or be the center of attention. She knew how everyone would react. I forget sometimes (coming from a boisterous, uncensored family) that there are some families that don't divulge information on their own situation.

I guess it's neither here nor there...it's just been on my mind.

I too come from a boisterous and uncensored family as well. Fabienne came from class. Classy lady. As the line went in "Fried Green Tomatoes". Fabienne was a lady, and a lady always knows when to leave.