News In 2016

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Re: News In 2016

Post by Atropos » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:16 am

funkmoppet2 wrote:So sudden, so sad. I really feel for her family, 65 is so young.

Hard to comprehend that there will be no more perfume, and that it's the end of an era.
I was thinking the same thing.

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:20 am

warriortwo wrote:You gotta do what's right. Funny how 2016 has been a year of health problems, terrorism, political intrigue, fear, and sorrows. It's just the theme of the year, I guess. My dad passed away in early June and I'm hoping that's the end of it with my family for the rest of this year.

There IS a silver lining to all this, for me. I haven't found another indie perfumer whose work I love as much as yours, and I had to make the decision to sit out this collection because I want to pay off my credit debt this year. Without a summer or fall Possets collection, I don't have to feel like I'm missing anything! It's a Win-Win!

I will say this, though. I'm not a fan of the two-weeks-up-then-gone-forever experiment. There isn't enough time for the reviews to come in. I buy perfumes--impulsively--based on their rave reviews. Had there not been glowing reviews of Ship of Fools, Portrait of Jane Small, or Empress Cixi, I would not have gotten full bottles at the 11th hour, and I am SO glad that I did. They are now regular beloveds in my perfume wardrobe.
I'm so sorry you lost your dad too. This has been a year for just lots of crap. *HUGS*

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:32 am

Hi, Mina,
I don't do FB a lot and I just checked Fabienne's page there--I can see an August post but nothing after that, so I wondered if you might be willing to copy and paste what Fabienne's niece wrote about her? I'm still finding my way through what happened. Besides the sadness, yesterday I felt so disoriented and ended up canceling driving to a class that is over an hour away from me in Greensboro. Also there was tree work going on here in our neighborhood and it turned into a very full day with a lot going on. But I definitely identify with what Atropos shared this morning in terms of my own experience. I wore Winter (Mucha) in her memory yesterday evening. I've been finishing saving reviews for the 2015 collections--almost done. I think this was my favorite year of collections barring a few indidvidual ones in other years (like the Sicilian Seduction one). Reading all the reviews and descriptions makes me want to put on so many of her perfumes!

I've received some emails from people about their contact information and am starting a list, so we can stay in touch.

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:41 am

I need the description to Pauline. The OAR Halloween kitty. I meant to get another bottle on Retour as my one bottle left got spilt. Now I'll never get my Pauline again. Best coffee scent ever. Only Fabienne managed coffee so it didn't smell like you spilled a cup on yourself.

mina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by mina » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:16 am

This is what fabienne's niece wrote

Aunt Fabienne, I wish I had known! I wish I had known you more. We had great conversations, but not enough...never enough. I wish I knew you had cancer, I wish I knew you had surgery, I wish I had known you were in hospice and had only a short time. We never realize how little time we have because we get so busy with the tiny minutia of our lives. I am so sorry I did not reach out more. I am sorry I didn't reach out during cross country drives when I wanted to stop in even if just overnight. I thought about it, but never asked. You were the last connection to my dad whom I still miss all the time and now you are gone too. I just wish...wish...I don't even know what I wish anymore.

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:31 am

mina wrote:This is what fabienne's niece wrote

Aunt Fabienne, I wish I had known! I wish I had known you more. We had great conversations, but not enough...never enough. I wish I knew you had cancer, I wish I knew you had surgery, I wish I had known you were in hospice and had only a short time. We never realize how little time we have because we get so busy with the tiny minutia of our lives. I am so sorry I did not reach out more. I am sorry I didn't reach out during cross country drives when I wanted to stop in even if just overnight. I thought about it, but never asked. You were the last connection to my dad whom I still miss all the time and now you are gone too. I just wish...wish...I don't even know what I wish anymore.
Oh that breaks my heart into more pieces. Thanks for sharing.

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:06 pm

I just found out yesterday, and the grief has been sinking in, ever so slowly and mercilessly. I'm crying now. I knew Fabienne only virtually, but I feel like I almost knew her personally: she gave me so much wisdom and light. I am sure many of us feel the same way. I do not have the words now, but I do want to write something about her, the ways she has touched me and what she taught me. Maybe in a few days, when the grief is not so near.

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:18 pm

katiushka wrote:I just found out yesterday, and the grief has been sinking in, ever so slowly and mercilessly. I'm crying now. I knew Fabienne only virtually, but I feel like I almost knew her personally: she gave me so much wisdom and light. I am sure many of us feel the same way. I do not have the words now, but I do want to write something about her, the ways she has touched me and what she taught me. Maybe in a few days, when the grief is not so near.

I feel exactly the same way. I want to write about her and my dad. I plan to put a blog post on ravenandthebee.com. But the grief is just to...raw at the moment. But I will. I'd love to read everyone's thoughts on her.

mina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by mina » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:55 pm

I wish I could write well in English to express my sorrow.
This forum is the only place where people understand my feelings about Fabienne's death.

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:57 pm

mina wrote:I wish I could write well in English to express my sorrow.
This forum is the only place where people understand my feelings about Fabienne's death.
Very much so, Mina, very much so. :hug: