News In 2016

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Re: News In 2016

Post by marisaviola » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:28 pm

Mina, thank you so much for posting this for us. I had not realized her niece did not know either. I agree, Atropos, It seemed very moving and poignant, and sad. It sounded like her father may have been Fabienne's brother and he died previously.
Atropos wrote:
mina wrote:I wish I could write well in English to express my sorrow.
This forum is the only place where people understand my feelings about Fabienne's death.
Very much so, Mina, very much so. :hug:
I feel the same way. Much appreciation to Maya and to Boudicca for their administration and moderating this forum--really there is no other place I could go like this. My "real" life just does not understand this, though those few I've told of course are sorry about it. But here I can really talk and share with others who also understand. Mina, I speak French as my second language if you wish to write more, I could hopefully translate, but I think your English is excellent when I've read your reviews. :hrt:: This evening I am wearing "Landscape in Suffolk" and it's such a beautiful fougère and aging very well. Do you remember how we both wrote reviews? Yesterday I was copying and saving them and I love how you ended yours--you said " It's like walking in the country on a bright sunny day in spring." :flow:

thesibylqueen
archangel
archangel

Post by thesibylqueen » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:04 pm

Yes, thank you Maya and Boudicca for maintaining this forum. I don't know what will happen in the future -- I really can't imagine that I won't be pouring over new collections on Possets anymore. A credit to Fabienne that this is how her customers feel.
My swap/sell list as well as my wishlist: http://www.possets.com/talking/viewtopi ... 1491#p1491

PeculiarHeroine
mortal
mortal

Post by PeculiarHeroine » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:07 am

Oh no.
We have lost an artist, an inspiration, a friend, and an all around good egg.

I feel adrift and at a loss. I can only imagine what her family is going through. I wish them all the very best.

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:25 am

:hrt::
PeculiarHeroine wrote:Oh no.
We have lost an artist, an inspiration, a friend, and an all around good egg.

I feel adrift and at a loss. I can only imagine what her family is going through. I wish them all the very best.

stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by stellamaris » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:05 am

So very sad. Thank you for keeping the forum going.
The website is still up, which makes me wonder if maybe someone in her family is going to keep it going?

Fabienne was a wonderful artist, as a perfumer and as a writer. I enjoyed her work not just for the perfume, but for the stories that went along with it. I still think about that strange and wonderful party...

puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Post by puck_nc » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:39 pm

I don't know about anyone keeping the business going, unless someone among her family and friends is a fellow perfumer that can continue her blends and create new ones. But someone on the BPAL forum made the excellent suggestion of whether the family could arrange to sell the remaining stock of the store and donate the proceeds to a charity like OAR or other causes dear to Fabienne's heart.

caith_possets
mortal
mortal

Post by caith_possets » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:38 pm

I'm so shocked, I only just found out now. I don't even know what to say.

Fabienne, you'll be sorely missed, even by people on the other side of the world who you never even met you in person. Thank you for sharing your wonderful gift with us, and I'll think of you every time I reach for one of your beautiful creations.

steffanina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by steffanina » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:08 pm

I just today found out this impossible, dreadful news. I had been thinking, "I haven't had a Possets newsletter in a long time…" and came to the forum to see if something was up. I am so very, very sad--what an artist Fabienne was. I have literally hundreds of Possets bottles and it just seemed as if she would always be there to create new fabulous scents. I see the news about Fabienne willing the business to her heirs-in-fragrance, which is bittersweet. I am so sad and still processing everything.

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:27 pm

steffanina wrote:I am so sad and still processing everything.
We have a thread started where people have been sharing their thoughts and feelings. If you feel like talking there or want to read what other people have written, feel free to do so. Gentle hugs.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

birthdaycake
a spark
a spark

Post by birthdaycake » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:26 pm

After a 1+ year hiatus from Possets, I am completely stunned and shocked by the news that Fabienne has passed. We never met but her warmth, kindness and sparkle made me feel otherwise. I will miss her very much. Hugs to her family and also to the fellow forumites who have been rooting for Fabienne/Possets/Jennie and Tom.