News In 2016

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: News In 2016

Post by fabienne » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:26 am

Yes, that label printer has tempted me to throw it out of the window on numerous occasions. However, for all the competition in the world, there is really only one company which makes them and I have to play ball with them. I even bought a bigger (and supposedly better) model from them after I had complained vigorously about it. It was huge, it was worse. I finally threw my hands up when it started to spew labels at me! It was like a scene out of The Sorcerer's Apprentice. So, I made my peace with the little machine, returned the big one (much to the indignation of the maker and a few well chosen words from me). I will get the stupid thing running again. I am very good at that! :cuss:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:23 pm

I have been on the road a lot here recently. However, I have managed to get your orders out today. Moar. Later. :maily:

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:53 pm

Again, a lot of road time but a lot of shipping time as well. I do have some news from Possets, so stay tuned. I have having to juggle a lot this year and I appreciate your patience over it all. I know I can make it worth your while. Please be sure to see the Elements of Scent Series in the blog entries. I am giving a short description of each of the categories of scent into which I have divided the collection.

MageLocusta
primordial
primordial

Post by MageLocusta » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:12 am

WOW! I can't believe that printer had gone bananas (it sounds like it'd be funny to see, but not so funny in real life considering how printers and printing ink are very crazy-expensive).

But seriously, thank you SO MUCH for being able to balance your time with all the constant shipping, perfume making and travelling! I just got my Indigo bottle yesterday (and the samples, thank you so much!) and it smelled exactly as awesome and wonderful as my vial from last year. I'm seriously SO grateful for all the work you've been doing. All three of the perfumes in my order smelled amazing (especially Indigo--when I first got my sample vial I used it ALL within two months last year,--and I was seriously missing it but I was trying to save my money until two months ago when I encountered this girl in a museum, a girl who *smelled* like one of your lavender scents and I was like, "Darn, I miss Indigo! :cry: ".

But I'm still so glad to get my full bottle--because putting it on felt like shrugging on a very favorited and comfortable coat. So best of luck with work, you're absolutely amazing and you seriously brighten up so many peoples' days!

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:54 pm

Awwww, thank you so much. I love what I do and glad that you are along for the fun ride.

By the way, you don't know it but the forum was updated recently, you have to do that for security and other good things. More later.

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:17 pm

Ugh, been dying to try Indigo but every time I request a sample it's not included. I may have to order it all by itself!

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:46 am

Oh, sorry if I ignore your request. I don't usually do that. Please be sure to call my attention to it next time and I will be sure to include it.

MageLocusta
primordial
primordial

Post by MageLocusta » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:02 am

fabienne wrote:Awwww, thank you so much. I love what I do and glad that you are along for the fun ride.

By the way, you don't know it but the forum was updated recently, you have to do that for security and other good things. More later.

That's no problem! Also, what would I have to do for security again (sorry, I've got a busy week and my reading comprehension is now a bit whacked recently, happens when you have to read a ton of documents for hours!). But for serious, your perfumes are awesome and it makes me glad to be able to wear such mood-boosting scents!

And yeah, Indigo is SO worth a try, Warriortwo! I've heard that some people find it too 'dark' ,but to me it's like a purple/black jawbreaker where it's all dark and foreboding with a bit of spice, but inside has this fluffy vanilla+lavender note which feels totally delicious (plus it's like a magic heat-detecting perfume, it gets cozy on me during cold weather and it turns cooling if I'm under any sort of heat). It's THE best lavender scent I've tried among indies so I totally recommend it!

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:52 am

Back in Cincinnati again! Hope to stay here for a while. It was so worth the trip but I miss the business. By the way, if any of you have a notion for something to read, and you want to find out about my fair city, pick up a copy of the best selling Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld. Great rollicking tale about Cincinnati told as Pride and Prejudice and it's pitch perfect about the ways of The Queen City! Squeeing good, from this expert. My cousin and I read it to each other and it's a gas. More later. There will be news and plenty of shipping as soon as I knock the dust off my shoes.

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Sun May 01, 2016 7:41 am

On a more serious note, I suppose all of you have gotten the newsletter by now. Prices at Possets are going to be increasing starting during the 50 States (Summer) Collection. This has been a long time coming as I have kept my prices amazingly low since I opened my doors. Since 2015 I have seen my expenses zoom upward, my suppliers are convinced that the Recession is over and now it's time to start charging more. Then there is the matter of updating things so that Possets is up to snuff and stays that way.

Now is the best time to stock up on your favorite Possets. Remember, they come in all sizes from the sample .8 ml (yes I did scientifically find this out, it's exactly .8 ml with room for cap and wand) to the gigantic 30 ml size (1 oz).

How much will Possets increase? To the same level at comparable perfumers anywhere in America, coast or midland. I do think that is fair.