News In 2016

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Re: News In 2016

Post by warriortwo » Mon May 02, 2016 12:23 am

About time! Thank you for all you do to keep making marvelous perfumes. You are my favorite indie perfumer. I keep trying others and nothing has come close. So it will still be absolutely worth it.

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Thu May 05, 2016 11:54 am

Due to ingredient issues, Reba is now on the endangered list. Made the last batch, after that is gone, she is gone forever. :cry:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Thu May 05, 2016 12:52 pm

After a lot of thought, I am going to reformulate California. The current perfume is far to sunny and cheery to make me think of a place where there is so much innovation and risk taking on a grand scale. The next version is going to be far darker and stickier, more dangerous but still keep a big dose of citrus in the background. :2cents:

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo » Thu May 05, 2016 1:33 pm

fabienne wrote:After a lot of thought, I am going to reformulate California. The current perfume is far to sunny and cheery to make me think of a place where there is so much innovation and risk taking on a grand scale. The next version is going to be far darker and stickier, more dangerous but still keep a big dose of citrus in the background. :2cents:
As a native Californian, this is rather exciting. Except I don't really associate California with citrus at all; it stopped being what are known for so long ago. Florida is really the citrus state. Although California still grows a lot of citrus, we actually provide most of the country's fruit and vegetables of all types.

When I think of California, I think of redwood forests, foggy ocean, surfers and sunscreen on the boardwalks of Santa Cruz and Santa Monica, fields of garlic growing in gorgeous loamy black soil, laid-back eccentrics living the Joshua Tree desert life, camping in the Sierra Nevada, the glamour (and supreme, dirty, gritty tackiness) of Hollywood, and the crab at Fisherman's Wharf. We're liberal in the North and West of the state, conservative in the South and Inland. THAT's California...a land of opposites everywhere you look. I bristle at the suggestion of "innovation and risk", mainly because a lot of the natives are angry that the booming tech industry is making our cities unaffordable for mere plebs to live in and we're getting pushed out of what was once our home; and while we have a huge tech industry, it's now pretty well-established names. I think a lot of the innovation and risk has moved up to Seattle, but I admit I don't follow such things very closely.

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Thu May 05, 2016 4:38 pm

well...I could include the garlic and crab BUT would that increase the glamour? :fez: Not sure. Stay tuned. :hug:

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo » Thu May 05, 2016 5:37 pm

fabienne wrote:well...I could include the garlic and crab BUT would that increase the glamour? :fez: Not sure. Stay tuned. :hug:
TOUCHÉ. :trout:

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo » Fri May 06, 2016 12:00 am

BTW, I would love to hear other reviewer's thoughts on California or their own favorite/home states, but I don't want to be so bold as to open up a thread somehwere before you (Fabienne) does, nor to trample on your toes if you'd like to keep this collection a personal undertaking.

MageLocusta
primordial
primordial

Post by MageLocusta » Fri May 06, 2016 4:46 am

warriortwo wrote:BTW, I would love to hear other reviewer's thoughts on California or their own favorite/home states, but I don't want to be so bold as to open up a thread somewhere before you (Fabienne) does, nor to trample on your toes if you'd like to keep this collection a personal undertaking.
Yeah, I was very curious about how states 'feel' as perfumes to other people. I was an army brat but I haven't even been back to the US since I was five (so I only have a vague recollection on what it's like to actually be in the states', and all I can remember is living in Fredericksburg Virginia or visiting my grandma's suburban neighborhood in Florida), so seeing how people 'identify' some scents with their states is definitely interesting!

I'm also curious about how people associate smells with Maine. I've never been there, but I've found that Fabienne's take on Maine is also perfect to wear when you're reading American nautical history or piracy in the North Atlantic. Seriously, Maine: The Sea's Embrace feels so immersive when reading chapters of the British navy recounting tales of nervous sailors trying to cross into the fog-heavy coastline of 'the colonies', and the perfume itself also really helps you get into the mood when you read the Heart of the Sea too (even though the book's about Massachusetts and the event which happened in the Pacific ocean, but still). So since Fabienne may be reformulating Maine, I'll be really interested to see how the new perfume turns out!

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Fri May 06, 2016 8:46 am

Hi warriortwo, I think it would be a great idea to open up a thread if you like. Sounds interesting to me. Go for it.

and magelocusta, thank you for your thoughts on Maine. It really does match things I will always associate with the Lone Pine State. I am reformulating California though, not Maine (which I treasure just the way it is). :hrt::

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Tue May 10, 2016 9:11 am

Back in Cincinnati and in the Possetorium again. We had to update the website to make sure it was compliant with security. in the process I have noted quite a few improvements throughout, some were my idea and some were the programmer's idea. Did you know that you can have multiple wishlists on my site? You can! Think of it: things you want, things you want to give your friends for occasions, things you might like to have for occasions/favors/etc, Yule giving lists, All the vanillas you ever wanted but didn't have the loot to get right now, all the lavenders you ever wanted but don't have the loot to get right now, and so on. When the updated site goes live, you will want to try this one out!

Also gone is the quick view feature. It was not getting much use and it was just one other thing to distract you. Most of the people who mentioned it to me said that they used it but quickly moved on to the full featured description and thought it was a stumbling block.

More later. I am sure you are going to like the new site a lot!