News In 2016

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Re: News In 2016

Post by katiushka » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:13 am

fabienne wrote:I will be coming out with a statement pretty soon about that. I think that there will be a different sort of buying pattern tried this year. I have to be on the road a lot and so having a steady stream is not going to be as efficient at getting product into your hands as what I am thinking. More later.
Fabienne, can we still request samples of existing states in orders placed before 6/21, even though they are leaving the permanent collection soon after?

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:43 am

Sure. I have them, as long as they were not discontinued. :hrt::
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:58 pm

FYI. I am back in Cincinnati for a while now. All the packages have been sent out to you, lovelies. I am now going to be working on the Star Spangled Summer! :bwah:

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:38 am

WEll, I guess you saw the notice in the main page. Things just don't turn out as you would like,alas. There have been complications in my caretaker job, and that is just not good. More treatments, surgery done, long road ahead and I have to make a choice. I do think with my heart, and I do have the deepest respect for duty. So, the Star Spangled Summer is halted, and may very well start up again next summer (2017). I have all the recipes and things but...

Also, it kills me to say, that Halloween is probably not going to happen at Possets. Hate the idea of no Halloween but I just can't split myself in half and do two jobs at the same time.

I am using the spare time I have (that is waiting for things to happen in waiting rooms) to work on a barnburner of a Yule Collection,though, and hope that it will happily materialize in November.

It is too bad that this all has to happen but it does and I have to be wise about how I handle it. :hrt:: :hrt:: :hrt::

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:31 pm

You gotta do what's right. Funny how 2016 has been a year of health problems, terrorism, political intrigue, fear, and sorrows. It's just the theme of the year, I guess. My dad passed away in early June and I'm hoping that's the end of it with my family for the rest of this year.

There IS a silver lining to all this, for me. I haven't found another indie perfumer whose work I love as much as yours, and I had to make the decision to sit out this collection because I want to pay off my credit debt this year. Without a summer or fall Possets collection, I don't have to feel like I'm missing anything! It's a Win-Win!

I will say this, though. I'm not a fan of the two-weeks-up-then-gone-forever experiment. There isn't enough time for the reviews to come in. I buy perfumes--impulsively--based on their rave reviews. Had there not been glowing reviews of Ship of Fools, Portrait of Jane Small, or Empress Cixi, I would not have gotten full bottles at the 11th hour, and I am SO glad that I did. They are now regular beloveds in my perfume wardrobe.

Annemathematics
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Annemathematics » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:49 pm

Fabienne! Sorry that your relative is suffering but glad that you are able to be there.

I'm sorry to have missed out on the first few states but I look forward to the Yule collection.

I'm honestly still in very much in love with the Halloween 2015 scents. They've been the possets I've been enjoying most frequently, recently.

Best wishes to you and your relative.

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:00 pm

Fabienne, sorry that your relative is not doing so well. She must treasure your presence, which is truely the greatest gift to give anyone. You are very wise to know you can't do two things at once. Make sure you take care of you, too!

Jbcindy
a spark
a spark

Post by Jbcindy » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:35 pm

I know I will be waiting patiently for your return. Take care of yourself! :hug:
Mona

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:34 pm

Fabienne, I am sorry to hear that there are further challenges for your relative, but I know that it is making a big difference that you are such a caring presence in her life. I wish you all the best as you embark more deeply in this role of support and caretaking.

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:01 am

Fabienne, lots of love to you and your relative! May this year end better than it started :hrt::