News In 2016

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

thesibylqueen
archangel
archangel

Re: News In 2016

Post by thesibylqueen » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:29 am

fabienne wrote:I had a recipe for vegan cornbread which I looked up and made when I went to a potluck where there would be vegans. Guess what? EVERYONE liked the vegan cornbread better than the regular cornbread! I made both and even I have to say that the vegan cornbread was superior.
We had that experience, too! We made the award winning cornbread from some country fair, loaded with bacon, and a vegan version -- and far and away, everyone loved the vegan version.

My wife teaches preschool at a farm, and the staff, including farm laborers, all do lunch together potluck style -- groups of people assigned to a day of the week. When my wife saw that almost all the food was omnivore, but that there were a handful of vegans, she decided to always bring in a vegan option, and has been enjoying exploring filling, cozy vegan food -- and everyone, vegans included, have been loving the offerings. We've decided to try to do one vegan meal a week, at least, and it's been super satisfying!
My swap/sell list as well as my wishlist: http://www.possets.com/talking/viewtopi ... 1491#p1491

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:53 pm

fabienne wrote:I had a recipe for vegan cornbread which I looked up and made when I went to a potluck where there would be vegans. Guess what? EVERYONE liked the vegan cornbread better than the regular cornbread! I made both and even I have to say that the vegan cornbread was superior.
I'd love to have the recipe! I want to collect vegan recipes and I too find the vegan offerings at our potlucks to be so tasty!

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:49 pm

I will see if I can root it out. My kitchen is a mess. We are painting and repairing.
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:38 pm

Well, I will have to take a picture and post it soon. I just got the big Possets' Holiday present which was a stand up shipping desk. Lots of people have made health claims about standing at work and I was spending far too much time sitting. I got smart and found a great stainless steel stand up desk which I could use instead of my sit down one. Easy to clean and I don't care about spills. Heck, it even looks great.

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:22 pm

fabienne wrote:Well, I will have to take a picture and post it soon. I just got the big Possets' Holiday present which was a stand up shipping desk. Lots of people have made health claims about standing at work and I was spending far too much time sitting. I got smart and found a great stainless steel stand up desk which I could use instead of my sit down one. Easy to clean and I don't care about spills. Heck, it even looks great.

YAY to a stand up desk! Your health is important! As the six fingered man told the Prince in Princess Bride, "If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything."

I would love to see a picture of it!

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:23 pm

fabienne wrote:I will see if I can root it out. My kitchen is a mess. We are painting and repairing.

take your time! We don't have another pot luck for a while. I found this fantastic Vegan Chili at Costco that can go with it. Madrasa brand I think. You would swear it had meat in it, but all it was was lentil beans and red beans in a chili sauce and it was AMAZING! It comes in a microwavable pouch.

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:41 pm

Thanks for telling me. I am a Costco member and I will look for that.

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:59 pm

Don't forget you CAN get a sample of the Yules if you are international!

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:53 am

fabienne wrote:Thanks for telling me. I am a Costco member and I will look for that.

I wanted to take some with me on the plane, but I was afraid they'd confiscate it, being a rather large pouch. :rofl:

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:54 am

I actually had to be out of the office all day yesterday. We had kitchen issues and they would not wait. Alas. BUT I am back today. I also think I got into a shipping frenzy with a friend and I shipped out a couple of orders with the perfumes requested on the orders. However, later a couple of clients asked for something completely different. I do try to accommodate changes whenever I can and I am sorry if I ignored your requests. Didn't do it on purpose. I can't really expect my help to read all the posts made, they are good at plowing onwards. So, sorry sweeties. :hrt::