News In 2016

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

cordelia blythe
mortal
mortal

Re: News In 2016

Post by cordelia blythe » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:59 pm

Like Birthdaycake,i have only just learned of dear Fabienne's passing .I am absolutely devastated & heart broken to say the least.I spent most of last night crying & this morning to.I wanted to write something last night but i just couldn't,even now i am crying as i write.I have bought from Fabienne since about 2008 so even though i only knew her virtually it feels like i have lost a dear friend .
I know it's a bit late but i just had to share my grief with people that would understand. She was such a bright,talented,amazing ,vibrant & beautiful person &the world is definitely less bright with her spark gone from it.I am so glad i have been able to experience her fantastic creations over the years & i always loved that she was so personally involved with the whole business.No matter how busy she was or how many orders she was working on there was always a hand written note on the paper work .She genuinely cared about our thoughts ,feelings & ideas.Apart from a fellow Australian lady who has made perfumes intermittently over the years,i only bought perfume from Fabienne because i just loved the fact that she put so much of herself into everything she made,she truly was an artist.
Of course i am happy that her legacy will continue with Tom & Jennie but it will be be with bittersweet & so many other mixed emotions purchasing Possets from now on & i know from reading the comments that so many of you feel the same.I would like to give a belated welcome to Tom & Jennie & thank you both for continuing Fabienne's work,it means so much. I only wish,like everyone else on here that i had of known so i could have supported her & said goodbye but as someone else pointed out she was very well bred & probably didn't want to share her troubles.You will always be very much missed Fabienne,i hope you are near & can see how loved & appreciated you are I will always remember you fondly in my heart.Thanks to anyone that has listened to my ramblings xx

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:13 am

I am re-reading the past year's posts and I'm a bit embarrassed. Not knowing Fabienne was sick, I said some things which now come off as flippant. And I missed a lot of what was going on with everyone else. Atropos, it's so sad what you went through. For you it was a lengthy ordeal. Many hugs to you too. I hope this year is bringing more closure and healing. Apart from the US political climate being upended (no matter which side you're on, the squabbling has become wretched), good things have been happening personally and I hope the same is true for everyone here. This retour year is definitely a welcome diversion!

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Wed May 10, 2017 3:25 pm

warriortwo wrote:I am re-reading the past year's posts and I'm a bit embarrassed. Not knowing Fabienne was sick, I said some things which now come off as flippant. And I missed a lot of what was going on with everyone else. Atropos, it's so sad what you went through. For you it was a lengthy ordeal. Many hugs to you too. I hope this year is bringing more closure and healing. Apart from the US political climate being upended (no matter which side you're on, the squabbling has become wretched), good things have been happening personally and I hope the same is true for everyone here. This retour year is definitely a welcome diversion!
Thank you sweetheart! I'm terribly sorry I haven't been on the forum. It's been a rollcoaster to say the least. And mom is selling her house that dad and she had. And she's bought a parcel of land about 30 minutes away with her best friend who just lost her husband to cancer too. They are building their hippy art commune on the land, a double wide that they can use as an art studio, room for the kilns and such and mom's having a cement platform built for her camper. When that's all settled she's planning on building a small house in our backyard (it's huge) to have a little private space for when she visits. Which may be never, as she has a sorta boyfriend, who's a widower and willing to wait for her. And he takes her dancing. ROFL she asked me if it was okay, as if I have any right to say no, and I wouldn't anyways. She's 70, and old enough to know her own mind. I did enjoy teasing her about safe sex. I got to give her the same lecture she gave me as a teenager. :rofl: She told me, "Thanks, mom!" The smart alec.

I hope you are all doing well. And just so you all know I haven't been completely slacking, I've enabled two new perfume lovers to Possets.

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:41 pm

Hi, Atropos,
Since the Summer Retour began, I have been re-reading and catching up on new posts and I found your older (but new to me!) post from May, and Warrior Two's one on the national scene which I had missed. I agree, this Retour year is a wonderful diversion and blessing and so lovely to revisit the different seasons. Also lovely to reconnect with everyone. I missed our forum so much when Fabienne was ill (before we really knew she was ill but when she was taking care of her relative, so to speak).

I loved reading about your mom and your wonderful support of her--she sounds amazing! I love the idea of her hippy art commune! I hope that is going great and I'm glad that she's feeling up to going dancing. I hope you're doing well as we begin summer--Happy Solstice everyone! :champ:

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:09 am

Zod. I think a lot of us could use a hippy art commune
:bchamp:
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:06 pm

Boudicca wrote:Zod. I think a lot of us could use a hippy art commune
Hear, hear!
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:48 am

Maya wrote:
Boudicca wrote:Zod. I think a lot of us could use a hippy art commune
Hear, hear!
Sign me up. I am a hippie in real life, actually. :bchamp: