BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Maya » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:30 pm

A few days ago, Gordon, Fabienne's husband, contacted me and mentioned that before Fabienne passed away, she had been working with a fantastic team who would be carrying on with Possets, and was highly trusted by Fabienne to carry on the high standards and great perfume that we know and love (Fabienne's trusted "recipes" that earned our following), as well as creating their own.

I was then put into e-mail contact with them, and now, on this evening as we remember Fabienne and her legacy, and as this is now being dubbed in many Indie perfume circles as "Possets Day," we feel it is a good time to introduce you to Jennie and Tom. They are a husband and wife team who will be bringing the online store back soon, and will be moving Possets forward into the future.

Please know that as Gordon and I talked about this, he let me know that Fabienne wanted to be sure that Possets was in good hands, which is why she chose Jennie and Tom, and if her perfume is any indication of her judgement I think we all can trust that she has put her recipes, her art, and her love into good hands.

Some announcements will be coming from them soon. Please keep an eye out here and elsewhere (such as the newsletter) for further information.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

thesibylqueen
archangel
archangel

Re: BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by thesibylqueen » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:37 pm

Oh, wow!! Thank you for sharing this news -- so relieved! Saddened, of course, at the reminder, but touched that Fabienne knew enough to consider passing on her business. (Makes me even more sad about not being able to support Fabienne during her sickness.) Looking forward to "meeting" the new owners and perfumers, and looking forward to their work.
My swap/sell list as well as my wishlist: http://www.possets.com/talking/viewtopi ... 1491#p1491

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:52 pm

This is beautiful news, Maya! But also as thesybilqueen said, saddened that we were not able to support Fabienne when she was ill. I was just in my private messages and had such pangs seeing the ones from Fabienne.

Continuing Fabienne's legacy in some form will please her, I am sure.

Tom and Jennie... welcome.

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:38 pm

Oh wow....
So many mixed emotions today.

Welcome, Jennie and Tom!
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

Maladextrose
primordial
primordial

Post by Maladextrose » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:55 pm

Oh geeze. I'm tearing up. "Saddened and relieved" is right.

I'm having a lot of feelings now, and I'm glad to know so many other people share them.

mina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by mina » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:22 am

Welcome Jennie and Tom.
I'm happy to know that Posset will continue. Thank you Fabienne :heartrise:

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:31 am

I am so happy to hear that Fabienne's legacy with Possets is going to continue. It seems so like her to make arrangements for Possets and to think of her clients and the community amidst all she was going through. As many are expressing, I have so many feelings composed of relief and gratitude and sadness to lose Fabienne's beautiful presence. I know and trust that she will have picked a team that she felt very good about, as Possets was her "baby," as was mentioned at her celebration of life service.

Welcome, Jennie and Tom.

Gale
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Gale » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:05 pm

Welcome, Jennie and Tom--I'm so happy Possets will be continuing, but started to cry when I read this thread.

Gemma
archangel
archangel

Post by Gemma » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:40 pm

I have such mixed feelings about this. Definitely got a little choked up! :hrt::

puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Post by puck_nc » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:10 pm

"Saddened and relieved" works for me. Having Fabienne's legacy live on in her fragrances is a very good thing to my mind. Welcome to Jennie and Tom!