2017 - The Year of the Retour!

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

Tom
mortal
mortal

2017 - The Year of the Retour!

Post by Tom »

We have been asked many times whether we intend to do a "retour", a two week period when Fabienne would offer all of her fragrances for sale. Our answer to that question is yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes!

Why "yes" 5 times? Because we will be having a retour for each of the 5 seasonal collections that Fabienne created. So for Valentines we will be offering all of the fragrances that Fabienne offered in Valentines collections throughout her career. The same will be the case for Spring, Summer, Halloween and Yule collections!

Having 5 mini-retours will give all of us the opportunity to spend some time discovering or rediscovering Fabienne's entire body of work presented in the seasonal order in which these delightful creations were first offered.
Palmademallorca
mortal
mortal

Re: 2017 - The Year of the Retour!

Post by Palmademallorca »

That's a so so so so so good idea !!! Thank you ! :frolic:
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

Is this like the best news???!!! I was so hoping for a retour (as I could not possibly get all on my want list from the last time!) and the idea of splitting it into five sections is BRILLIANT!!!!

Now I have to run and look at the old Valentines list to start thinking!!!! Happily, because of our moderators excellent organization, those lists are easily available here on the forum! :hrt::

AND HI TOM!!!! It was nice to hear from Jennie and now you!!! :hrt:: :hrt::
Tom
mortal
mortal

Post by Tom »

Hi Minh. Jennie and are very excited to present these retours. We think it will be a great deal of fun! We also have a few other announcements that will be made in due time. Stay tuned!
warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo »

I am curious, how far back will you guys be going? I have some bottles on my list that go back to 2007/2008. Also, what about special editions that weren't tied to seasons, like Leap Day, and exclusives, like the ones that were made for Dreams of Avalon/Amazon? (Three of my most-wanteds are Nimue, Black Hole, and Ginger Lime Granita).
Tom
mortal
mortal

Post by Tom »

Our intention is to go all the way back! As far as the special releases/editions, we will figure out a time to offer those. As far as your favs listed, Nimue will be part of the Avalon series(time of release not yet determined), Black Hole will be part of the Halloween Retour, and Ginger Lime Granita will be part of the Summer Retour. We will announce each offering here and on Facebook. Thanks for checking in about those special fragrances!
katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka »

How exciting! Could people share their favorite Valentine seasonals as we're preparing for the first Retour? As we all know, there are infatuations and there are loves. I have to confess- many of my reviews are often based on the former - after one or two times of wearing a fragrance. But the fragrances that really stick with me are often not the same ones I rave about after the first or second try. Here are some of my favorites that I keep coming back to and encourage others to try if you haven't already:

Venus of Willendorf (100% natural) - the one and only bottle I have ever used up completely; will definitely get another
Delilah (100% natural) - this ages beautifully; a dark, woodsy and mysterious fragrance
Candybox Pretty - I get so many compliments on this one!

I am a sucker for Fabienne's naturals in particular - so if there are any others I should keep my eye out for, please let me know!
warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo »

I have piles and piles of samples that for one reason or other don't work for me, which is why I was VERY lucky with the 2015 retour to pick up Romping Skyclad. I've prattled endlessly on this forum about this perfume and can't really add anything more to say about it, just that it is a rare blend that truly suits me.

Despite my picky nose, I've got a long, long list of Valentines I am hoping to try. I want to try all the leathers...Viking Queen and Silver Leather, JFK & Jackie, The Velvet Riding Habit (though I am not a fan of rose, it might work with leather?) are all on my list. This was a very rough Christmas financially, so I am hoping that with Ajevie's decants I won't have to just pick one or two, but can try out lots of Fabienne's creations in search of those gems.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Woohoo! Valentines are live!!!
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
caith_possets
mortal
mortal

Post by caith_possets »

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but how long will the retour go for?