2017 - The Year of the Retour!

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Re: 2017 - The Year of the Retour!

Post by Boudicca »

caith_possets wrote:Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but how long will the retour go for?
Um, I think two weeks was mentioned... which would take us right to Valentines Day actually!

Do we want a new thread for requests for reviews/raves/recommendations/random stuff just related to the Valentines Retour or to bump the thread from the last retour (like, August 2015?). I'm in favor of a new, one stop, all purpose thread, but that's just me, I'm fine either way. Funds are tight so I won't be going crazy like previous retours...but I can answer questions at least on a lot of these.

What y'all think?

:pom:
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

GAH!!! New thread!! So excited!!!
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

Ajevie has full bottles til Feb 3!!! And looks like doing decants of all!!!!
Tom
mortal
mortal

Post by Tom »

Valentines Retour will be up and running at least until Valentines Day. :heartrise: :hrt::
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

This has been really exciting to see. I have been seeing the updates on Facebook (and pouting a little because finances have been rather grim around here lately), but I am really thrilled to see the retour updates. I realized that last year and this have been completely lacking in being able to purchase perfume. No wonder I'm cranky lately. :wink:

Tom and Jennie, THANK YOU for making the older perfumes available, while bringing your heart and your own flair to this. I really can't wait to try some of your new releases too, but remain deeply grateful that so many get a chance to try some of the previous lovelies. I am hoping that when Halloween comes around (my favorite releases EVAR) that I will be able to grab more that I've been really wanting to try.

A year of retours. Yay!
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Jbcindy
a spark
a spark

Post by Jbcindy »

I'm new. Any recommendations for spring retour? Love her silvers, leather, spices, sandalwood, grapefruit and teas. Thank you!
Mona
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Jbcindy wrote:I'm new. Any recommendations for spring retour? Love her silvers, leather, spices, sandalwood, grapefruit and teas. Thank you!
Mona
Welcome, Mona! I think you’ll really enjoy it here.

There are lots of great fragrances in the Spring retour with the notes that you list. Lots of grapefruit fragrances especially. (You may already know this, but I didn’t until I learned from Fabienne, that “citrus paradisii” is another name for grapefruit, so that’s a term you can search for to find more grapefruit possets.)

Fabienne won me over to grapefruit in fragrances. One of the ones I’ve come to enjoy most is Curve, from the Sacred Geometry collection: mostly grapefruit and lilac, very happy and uplifting. Others among the retours are Void (which also has sandalwood, so it might be right up your alley), Vega, Diamond, Dodecahedron, Line, Pi, Point, and The Countess (this one is very elegant, chypre-esque, not very sweet).

There are also a few retours that contain leather: 3 1/2 Horsemen of the Apocalypse, Georgetown (also has some tea), The Knight, and The Mink Hair Shirt.

Sandalwood is in a good many, but it sounds like it’s a bigger player in Serpens (which sounds amazing to me from the description; I wish I didn’t have a problem with white oude!) and Patient Grizelda than in some of the others. One that you might want to try is Altair (“Clove, the smoothness of an exquisite silvered musk, and a drop of Mysore sandalwood, inculcated with a strong infusion of incense”). I haven’t tried it yet myself (it's in my order!), but it sounds like it checks a few boxes for you.

Phi is Fabienne’s silver accord with lime, which sounds lovely (though again I haven’t tried it).

If you’re in doubt, or just want more info, I recommend reading the reviews here on the forum to get a sense of what might appeal to you. It can help to use the search function rather than relying just on the thread devoted to a particular posset, because often we’ll talk about our experiences with a fragrance outside the dedicated thread. Warning—you can and probably will lose hours on this research! But it is so much fun. :chase:
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
Jennie
a spark
a spark

Post by Jennie »

Petticoats,
You really know Possets !!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. :pom:

Jennie :hrt:: :rose4u:
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Jennie wrote:Petticoats,
You really know Possets !!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. :pom:

Jennie :hrt:: :rose4u:
Aw, compared to other folks here I feel like a total newbie. But I am always happy to play Possets matchmaker! :grin:

ETA: Squee, my order has arrived! The rest of the afternoon will be spent in a wildly fragrant frenzy. :frolic:
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
Jbcindy
a spark
a spark

Post by Jbcindy »

Petticoats, your descriptions are amazing and more helpful than you know. I guess I am adding bottles now, so my bank account won't be too happy! Thank you again for taking time to share. :rose4u:
Mona