2017 - The Year of the Retour!

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: 2017 - The Year of the Retour!

Post by Petticoats »

Jbcindy wrote:Petticoats, your descriptions are amazing and more helpful than you know. I guess I am adding bottles now, so my bank account won't be too happy! Thank you again for taking time to share. :rose4u:
Mona
My pleasure, Mona! I'm very happy to have helped. :hug:

I also have to put in a word for Diamond, which I got in my order. It's an elegant, subtly sexy grapefruit, sweeter and warmer than The Countess without being candy-sweet, and one of the winners from my retour order. Vega is another new love from my order, but it's the more girlish cotton-candy fruity side of grapefruit.

My apologies to your bank account! :wink:
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

Did I miss the end date announcement?
Jennie
a spark
a spark

Post by Jennie »

Minh Scent :hrt::
We will be keeping the Spring Retour going for a couple of months. Take your time going through the collection! :rose4u: :

Jennie :pom:
warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo »

Jennie wrote:Minh Scent :hrt::
We will be keeping the Spring Retour going for a couple of months. Take your time going through the collection! :rose4u: :

YESSSSS! :frolic:
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

Jennie wrote:Minh Scent :hrt::

Wow, that is great to know!!! This generous window is appreciated. The last retour with Fabienne was frantic...it was every scent previously produced in like...2 weeks!!! Bless her. She stirred us up but good! :madamex:
Jbcindy
a spark
a spark

Post by Jbcindy »

My order came in,( super fast shipping, too) and so far Vega, quantum interconnect and the countess smell amazing in the bottle. ( Petticoats was spot on!) Georgetown is now my new favorite. I hope it ages well, cause I'm placing another order or two before the retour goes away.
On a related note, how are y'all storing these? My collection has really bloated.
Thanks again, Petticoats!
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Jbcindy wrote:My order came in,( super fast shipping, too) and so far Vega, quantum interconnect and the countess smell amazing in the bottle. ( Petticoats was spot on!) Georgetown is now my new favorite. I hope it ages well, cause I'm placing another order or two before the retour goes away.
On a related note, how are y'all storing these? My collection has really bloated.
Thanks again, Petticoats!
You're so welcome! I'm delighted that I was able to steer you toward some new loves. :frolic:

For storage, Boudicca told me about some lidded wooden boxes at Target that I use for my 10ml bottles. I'm not sure they're still in stock; it's been more than a year since I bought them. I've also got some semi-opaque plastic lidded containers from Target that are bigger and hold more bottles but are shallower. For display I use a tiered nail polish stand I got from Amazon.

Have fun with your new possets!
Jbcindy
a spark
a spark

Post by Jbcindy »

Thank you, Petticoats!
I will look for the boxes. (Just added Romanee, Mink Hairshirt and Knight to the Georgetown re-order. Y'all are enablers) I am so glad Retour is being spread out like this, I can't imagine how people could choose back when Fabienne did it all at once.
mona
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Jbcindy wrote:Thank you, Petticoats!
I will look for the boxes. (Just added Romanee, Mink Hairshirt and Knight to the Georgetown re-order. Y'all are enablers) I am so glad Retour is being spread out like this, I can't imagine how people could choose back when Fabienne did it all at once.
mona
Speaking for myself, it was a wild panicked elated orgy of spending. :fez:

Romanee-Conti is a love of mine! I hope you love it too.
warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo »

I am not sure I can write any more reviews. I am currently sitting here wearing Alisoun, Romanee-Conti, Betelgeuse and The Trobiaritz. I have lost track of which one is where. Overall, I smell amazing.

As an aside, I often wondered how the heck Cambiennes could work. I used to think it would be like color-mixing, where you just get a sludgy brown, or like music, where too many things mixed together can sound like white noise, or cacophonous, but I'm starting to think that this isn't true for scents? Although I have had perfumes where certain notes "clashed" terribly for me--lime and honey, for example. So maybe they can be out of sync. Or maybe it has more to do with the individual nose. In the meantime I will enjoy this Alicontibetelritz.

ETA: Ooh boy. I am going to have to plunk down some serious cash for full bottles. I talked myself out of it last time, and later regretted it. Dang.