2017 - The Year of the Retour!

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: 2017 - The Year of the Retour!

Post by Petticoats »

I finally made myself commit and placed my order:

Constable's Clouds
Rigel
Mandorla (10 ml)
Thaw (15 ml)

...and, from the permanent collection, Landscape in Suffolk because I've used up my sample and can't wait any longer for a bottle. I waffled over The Queen's Strawberries, since it's such a happy fragrance, but I decided that I probably wouldn't be as likely to use it as the others. Since I have skillions of bottles vying to be worn, I didn't want it to sit around neglected. Sure is a yummy fragrance, though.

If this order looks restrained, it's because I exercised zero constraint in my first bottle order and my decant order!
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo »

The Queen's Strawberries is a definite full bottle. I had a "perfume battle" last night with that and Leda & The Swan, which is my current favorite strawberry. I told myself a person does not need two strawberry scents. I figured Leda would win, as it's got that slightly resinous quality that I love. But the strawberry pie--with a thick, sugary crust--of TQS is completely irresistible. I don't usually do food scents but I really want to smell like this. I guess I will now have two favorite strawberries.

3333 Reservoir Road is also very, very lovely; I think that might be a bottle purchase. Still trying to make up my mind about Diamond. The first whiff of ambergris is heavenly, but there is a slightly indolic thing going on behind it, a kind of sour rubberiness of certain big flowers I don't know the names of. That might kill it outright, but if I don't hold my wrist to my face, I catch whiffs of the ambergris. Does a perfume need to be perfect? Also, in my manic, multiple-sample-testing, Diamond is a nice backdrop for some of the other scents I'm putting on.

Alisoun is fetching, so I'm trying to decide if it smells enough like my Mary Kay peach lotion that I don't really need more of the same. It may also be close to Portrait of Jane Small, which I loved at first, but ended up being too perfumey for me to ever reach for it. I'm also hovering around Point and Pi; I'm currently sampling both, and I keep bouncing back and forth (this one is better--no, this one?!). And believe it or not, I'm contemplating a third order of decants to catch Georgetown, Deneb, and 3:5:8. The Spring scents are pretty magical overall.
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

So, what is this Eclipse scent? I can't find it in the reviews....??? Is this part if the Year of Retour or is this a scent from Tom and Jennie? The writing description sounded like Fabienne's voice, but I cannot find it in the forum history....
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Minh Scent wrote:So, what is this Eclipse scent? I can't find it in the reviews....??? Is this part if the Year of Retour or is this a scent from Tom and Jennie? The writing description sounded like Fabienne's voice, but I cannot find it in the forum history....
I'm thinking it's a new scent. I'm very excited about it. What a cool idea to create a fragrance for the eclipse!
warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo »

Petticoats wrote:I'm thinking it's a new scent. I'm very excited about it. What a cool idea to create a fragrance for the eclipse!
I don't think so, there was an Eclipse scent back in 2008, according to this comment:
http://www.possets.com/talking/viewtopi ... ipse#p9999
Tom
mortal
mortal

Post by Tom »

I just saw the question about Eclipse and wanted to let you know that this is one of our formulations! According to the Possets records, Fabienne did not have one named Eclipse. The one mentioned in 2008 may have been by BPAL.
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Tom wrote:I just saw the question about Eclipse and wanted to let you know that this is one of our formulations! According to the Possets records, Fabienne did not have one named Eclipse. The one mentioned in 2008 may have been by BPAL.
Whoo-hoo! That's so exciting, Tom!

Did y'all have a good view of the eclipse? My parents went about 100 miles north and got to see the total eclipse. I've been ailing with a sinus infection and didn't feel up to the drive, so I stayed in Atlanta, where we got about 97% coverage. It was pretty cool.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Finally pulled the trigger on my cart (wait, what?) yesterday because of Eclipse.
I'll admit it, I'd totally forgot about it til I got to work around 1. Distracted. Couldn't figure out why all these people were outside. I had an appointment at 1 and it was supposed to peak here just after 1, I believe. It was overcast. And three computers would not cooperate with me.
I think August is not a good month for me.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Tom
mortal
mortal

Post by Tom »

Petticoats wrote:
Whoo-hoo! That's so exciting, Tom!

Did y'all have a good view of the eclipse? My parents went about 100 miles north and got to see the total eclipse. I've been ailing with a sinus infection and didn't feel up to the drive, so I stayed in Atlanta, where we got about 97% coverage. It was pretty cool.
We had 91% coverage here in southern Ohio. I was driving through corn fields after depositing our daughter at college. When the light was dimmest, almost a hint of coming twilight, the yellow parts of the corn stalks glowed brightly in the grey hue of the eclipse. It was quite surreal. Jennie reported from home that bats were flying around the house! We agree, it was pretty cool!
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Tom wrote: We had 91% coverage here in southern Ohio. I was driving through corn fields after depositing our daughter at college. When the light was dimmest, almost a hint of coming twilight, the yellow parts of the corn stalks glowed brightly in the grey hue of the eclipse. It was quite surreal. Jennie reported from home that bats were flying around the house! We agree, it was pretty cool!
I love that image of the bats flying around in the daylight dimness. Where I was, the light was an odd kind of yellow overcast, like nothing I'd ever seen. No bats, though, alas.

My bottle of Eclipse arrived today! My first impression is that it's so, so lovely. I look forward to spending more time with it and coming to see more of its nuances. Mods, could one of you start a review thread for this new beauty?

Congratulations Tom and Jennie on your first fragrance "child"! :champ: