2017 - The Year of the Retour!

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Re: 2017 - The Year of the Retour!

Post by Boudicca »

Petticoats wrote:
Tom wrote: We had 91% coverage here in southern Ohio. I was driving through corn fields after depositing our daughter at college. When the light was dimmest, almost a hint of coming twilight, the yellow parts of the corn stalks glowed brightly in the grey hue of the eclipse. It was quite surreal. Jennie reported from home that bats were flying around the house! We agree, it was pretty cool!
I love that image of the bats flying around in the daylight dimness. Where I was, the light was an odd kind of yellow overcast, like nothing I'd ever seen. No bats, though, alas.

My bottle of Eclipse arrived today! My first impression is that it's so, so lovely. I look forward to spending more time with it and coming to see more of its nuances. Mods, could one of you start a review thread for this new beauty?

Congratulations Tom and Jennie on your first fragrance "child"! :champ:
Done! Under Limited Editions. Thanks for the suggestion/reminder Petticoats! My brain is just not working these days... :trout:
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

How long will the Fall/Halloween Retour be up?
Zod, I'm seeing all these things that I regret passing on before....
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

I'm so excited about fall retour! There are so many wonders from Halloweens past. Mods, do you think we could have a thread for fall retour questions and recommendations? :jackoface:
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
Jennie
a spark
a spark

Post by Jennie »

Fall / Halloween Retour last until Nov. 2 nd.
This is a really fun Retour.Fabienne loved Halloween! :jackoface: :batflap:
warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo »

Jennie wrote:Fall / Halloween Retour last until Nov. 2 nd.
This is a really fun Retour.Fabienne loved Halloween! :jackoface: :batflap:
She certainly did. From her description of "November 1st (The Day After Halloween)":

All Saints is the saddest day of the year for me. I wait all year long for Halloween, start getting ready months in advance and then...it's over. Oh well, the consolation I have is that it will be back next year. The pumpkins are gone, the sky is blazing blue and somehow that just makes you sadder. Depressing but in the way you like to savor, bitter but attractively so. Melancholy, sweet in its own way but so terribly sad. Dry and thoughtful like November.

It breaks my heart that she missed it last year. Even though the notes in this perfume are iffy on me, I have to test it, because I feel the same way. Man, I love autumn.
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

First, yes, forgot to say CONGRATS on Jennie and Tom's first Fragrance Baby! :bchamp: I scrambled to get a decant on Ajevie but alas! was too late. A few comments on bpal forum were positive!

Second, am I missing that best selling retour fragrances are being GCed? I might be hallucinating (very possible from amount of perfume fumes I intake daily!) Or just wishful.
marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola »

I was so happy to see Love Amongst The Snow Dunes, Romping Skyclad, Candybox Pretty and Alabama joining the permanents. I thought they were great choices for additions when I saw them listed--very exciting!

My own request would be to have one or two of Fabienne's fabulous violets join the rank of permanents. It is hard to find quality violets in either mainstream or niche perfumery--Fabienne's have a beautiful and natural violet note and also they LAST which with violet is a huge thing, since it tends to be so ephemeral and elusive. But also her violets are never too sweet or powdery, which is a frequent complaint. She herself mentioned how violets were one of her favorite floral notes that she tried to weave into a number of her blends (see her note on Columba, the Cambienne with Violet from Early Winter 2016). It would be hard to pick among her creations, but I would say Bouquet a la Marechale from her fantastic Sicilian collection for the more classic violet and Winter (Mucha) which was very popular and got great reviews when it came out and is a beautiful violet chypre . Also it always seemed that since Summer (Mucha) was in the permanents, it should have Winter (Muchas) as its partner.

And yes, ocngratulations, Tom and Jennie on your first creation! I was sorry to have missed Angi's sample also and wish I had tried it, but the reviews were very good that I read. :star:
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

Ah, so I wasn't hallucinating! I agree with you, Marisaviola, that those are good choices to be made pernament! They are all from the Valentine's retour, yes? And I also agree that there is a serious lack of fine violet perfumes and that Winter mucha and Bouquet de la Marechale outstanding. So is Dutch Adonis. :heartrise:
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

I must shamefacedly admit that I'm not a fan of violet in general, but I do heartily agree that Winter (Mucha) is gorgeous. I would never have thought of putting violet and oakmoss together, but Fabienne's magical touch made them sing. I dithered over getting a decant of Bouquet de la Marechale during summer retour, but I ended up refraining, alas.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
Jennie
a spark
a spark

Post by Jennie »

Minh Scent wrote:Ah, so I wasn't hallucinating! I agree with you, Marisaviola, that those are good choices to be made pernament! They are all from the Valentine's retour, yes? And I also agree that there is a serious lack of fine violet perfumes and that Winter mucha and Bouquet de la Marechale outstanding. So is Dutch Adonis. :heartrise:
I am so glad you and Marisaviola like our choices for our permanent collection. We had an overwhelming amount of requests for these fragrances.

I do like the idea of a permanent violet. Hmmm....

I will talk to Tom. :hrt::