Valentine Retour

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Valentine Retour

Post by Maya » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:42 am

RenChick wrote:
warriortwo wrote:BTW...is it just me, or is there no review thread for Well Bred?

Warriortwo, it isn't just you! I tried every possible combination of advanced and simple search and even went through each Valentine's collection review sub-forum to see if I could find it. No luck!

I'm really curious now what others' impressions were. I have a decant on order with Ajevie, but because of some traveling I won't be united with the bundle until summertime. I was hoping to try it vicariously! LOL
In the future, if there is no review thread for something, please feel free to start one! Sadly, there are a few that slip past us now and then, and we don't know about it until we stumble across them again.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:22 pm

I ordered Well-Bred so I can create a thread for it after I try it again. I don't have access to Fabienne's original description for it! I guess it was probably posted during the retour, but I didn't look at it while it was there. :huh:

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:32 pm

I don't suppose anyone here bought a full bottle of Eleanor of Aquitaine that didn't suit them? I had intended to get a full bottle at retour, but I had a minor financial snafu at the end of February, and decided a few extra decants from Ajevie would do. Foolish, foolish me.
:chase:

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:29 pm

warriortwo wrote:I ordered Well-Bred so I can create a thread for it after I try it again. I don't have access to Fabienne's original description for it! I guess it was probably posted during the retour, but I didn't look at it while it was there. :huh:
You should be able to find a synopsis of this description on Ajevie...yep...here goes...not teh whole deal, but at least the idea.

Well Bred
The straight essence of a rich uncomplicated but highly refined tea combined with the ineffable splendor of a simple green and refreshing heartnote.

Jennie
a spark
a spark

Post by Jennie » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:57 pm

I will ask Tom to look into the original description of Well Bred. I bet he can find it. :frolic:
LOVE, :hrt::
Jennie

Tom
mortal
mortal

Post by Tom » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:08 pm

Here is the description for Well Bred:

"With all things well bred but without a hint of haughtiness to it. The straight essence of a rich uncomplicated but highly refined tea combined with the ineffable splendor of a simple green and refreshing heartnote. Three generations of impeccable lineage in a bottle, combined with a perfectly liberal education and money. Unless you don't have all that, in which case you will just smell wonderful when you put it on. "

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:24 am

What are people's thoughts on Henry VIII's wives? I love Possets red musk, and love my bottle of Anne Boleyn. I'm considering Jane Seymour, Catherine of Aragon and Catherine Howard.

As a side note, I remember trying Anne of Cleves last year. Don't have much recollection except I wasn't paticularly impressed - so I'll be passing on that one. I'll try to find my decant and retest though; just in case my impression changes.

Also eyeing Berenice and The Jester - would appreciate any input there as well!

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:22 pm

Katiushka, sorry I can't help you with Henry's wives, although I am wondering myself. I will peruse the reviews later.

Meanwhile, I put in my bottle order via Ajevie. Some of these have got away the past few retours, because I am a school teacher, not a tycoon. (Although PayPal might disagree!) REALLY grateful for retours! I got three leathers this time, which is NOT one of my favorite notes, yet Fabienne's always work for me.

JFK and Jackie - sounds elegant and I have been wanting this
Silver Leather - love the silvers
Eva Peron - OK, ok...the chatter that this smells of violets finally wore me down
Grande- chypre, oakmoss, Posset. Explanation not needed.
Bouquet in the Snow - because I was pleasantly surprised by the osmanthus note in Walled Garden
:frolic:
PS Does anyone else have trouble catching the frolic smilie in the emoticon bar? It makes me nuts every time. That was 6 tries! :trout:

Margowhat
primordial
primordial

Post by Margowhat » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:57 pm

It took me a while but I finally settled on Illicit Affair, Evita Peron, Diane de Poitiers and Silver Leather. I haven't tried any silver yet do I'm excited to do so.

I'm contemplating decants but to paraphrase Minh at the top of this chain "Ignorance is bliss".

:frolic:
:eyeroll:

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:37 am

katiushka wrote:Also eyeing Berenice and The Jester - would appreciate any input there as well!
Jester is delicious. Put-a-silly-smile-on-your-face yummy.

I ordered a slew of decants this time since I missed that boat last year. I'm looking forward to finally smelling Sappho after all the intriguingly varied comments about her. I've also been curious about Heathcliff and Catherine for years since I'm not sure what heather smells like.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.