Valentine Retour

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Re: Valentine Retour

Post by katiushka » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:35 pm

Petticoats wrote:
katiushka wrote:Also eyeing Berenice and The Jester - would appreciate any input there as well!
Jester is delicious. Put-a-silly-smile-on-your-face yummy.

I ordered a slew of decants this time since I missed that boat last year. I'm looking forward to finally smelling Sappho after all the intriguingly varied comments about her. I've also been curious about Heathcliff and Catherine for years since I'm not sure what heather smells like.
Thank you, Petticoats - I'll take a chance on The Jester and hopefully he'll treat me well :) Wishing you luck with Sappho, Heathcliff & Catherine!

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:50 pm

Petticoats wrote:
katiushka wrote:Also eyeing Berenice and The Jester - would appreciate any input there as well!
Jester is delicious. Put-a-silly-smile-on-your-face yummy.

I ordered a slew of decants this time since I missed that boat last year. I'm looking forward to finally smelling Sappho after all the intriguingly varied comments about her. I've also been curious about Heathcliff and Catherine for years since I'm not sure what heather smells like.
Can send you a drenched Q-tip of H & C if you like! I like this one but haven't worn it in a while. Think I will try the under the radar thing with it tomorrow. Tonight, I decided The Jester & La Gioconda are going to have a death match.

ETA: Lol, misunderstood -- you've already ordered a decant I take it!
Also, Death Match thoughts:

In bottle:
Preferring LG to TJ. The cherry in TJ is slightly cough drop-ish to me; I like the raspberry in LG better.

On wrist:
Initially pretty much the same as in bottle.

Drying down a bit:
The chocolate & raspberry in LG are blending a little more? TJ is improving.The marzipan is coming out more. That can be a tricky note for me, but it's working here.
LG is more foody, TJ maybe a little more "perfumey".

OK. Having a little sneezing fit.

Just remembered I've never been crazy about chocolate covered cherries. I like them fine, but not my drug of choice in the chocolate world. But I do like the idea of smelling like that.

TJ going back to more foody than perfumey; LG about the same.

A little later:
OK, I think I'm preferring TJ for the moment. This choc/cherry/marzipan concoction has sort of smoothed out. The raspberry in LG is still just a bit syrupy and slightly tart.

Verdict:
They're both lovely.
I think the raspberry makes LG a little lighter/fresher; TJ seems a little heavier? I'm really loving them both. If you like one, you'd probably like the other. LG more straight up foody whereas TJ straddles the line between foody and perfumey more.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:17 pm

Boudicca wrote: ETA: Lol, misunderstood -- you've already ordered a decant I take it!
Also, Death Match thoughts:
I did order a decant, but thanks for the kind offer!

My two cents on the death-match duo: Jester I adored as soon as I tried it on my skin. I find it very feminine and wearable. Gioconda took a lot of getting used to before my nose made sense of it, and I still find it incredibly tart. Jester reminds me of Turkish Delight perfumes, which I like a lot, like Montale's Sweet Oriental Dream and Keiko Mecheri's Loukhoum. Gioconda is so assertive I don't reach for it often. Both are beautiful, but strikingly different!
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

Margowhat
primordial
primordial

Post by Margowhat » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:35 pm

My order arrived! :maily:

Evita Peron
Illicit Affair
Diane de Poitiers
Silver Leather

Just a sniff in the bottle for each but Silver Leather is so amazing :frolic:

Very excited!
:eyeroll:

Narcisse
mortal
mortal

Post by Narcisse » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:26 pm

Velvet Riding Habit? Is the rose like in Woman? And the leather how tame is it? Any input would be completely appreciated!

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:27 am

Narcisse wrote:Velvet Riding Habit? Is the rose like in Woman? And the leather how tame is it? Any input would be completely appreciated!
Well, over in another thread , Katiushka encouraged me to buy this and I did!

Hmmm...I wonder if I should have passed up Jester, since Petticoats compared it to Turkish Delight perfumes....which I love. (My fave Loukoum by Ava Delux). Hmm. Still waiting for Retours....ah, patience!

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:25 am

This is very exciting! Another year of Retours!!! Gratitude for that, as my yule decants just arrived and I haven't even started sniffing yet!

I think I will go for a full bottle of Roses are Red Derry Derry and possibly Berenice.

Abolute win last year included Lady Z. A crowd pleaser for sure!

churchdoor
a spark
a spark

Post by churchdoor » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:12 pm

In browsing the multitudinous retour, I realized I already have Valentine's decants and a bottle, courtesy of generous benefactors during the month-long commemoration. I plan to retest them, so do let me know if anyone wants to hear my report of a specific blend from the following:

Guinevere
Lancelot
Liquid Music
Michelangelo and Tommaso Calaliere
Sparks
The Wickedest Idea of All

I remember Guinevere as one of my favorites overall.

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:21 pm

I've also purchased quite a few Valentines over the years so if anyone wants input on anything feel free to ask!
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

Margowhat
primordial
primordial

Post by Margowhat » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:29 pm

Valentine discount? :heartrise: :rose4u:

I’m so happy I can get my FB of Mary Queen of Scots that I missed last year. Also choosing Velvet Riding Habit, Riding St. George and Helen & Paris. I added Khulanjan since there was a discount.

I’m on a no-buy this year but couldn’t pass up Mary and must have free shipping. :frolic: May need to peruse one more time to be sure I didn’t miss anything.
:eyeroll: