Spring Retour

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

Tom
mortal
mortal

Spring Retour

Post by Tom » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:57 pm

Post your thoughts, recommendations, reviews, or anything else concerning Spring Retour. :chase:

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Re: Spring Retour

Post by Minh Scent » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:04 pm

Ridiculously excited! My heart got so soft reading Fabienne's descriptions on page one. This is going to be delightful weekend reading (and agonizing list whittling!!!)

Thank you, Jennie and Tom, for doing this. Again, brilliant you are doing it by season!!!

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:49 pm

Minh Scent wrote:Ridiculously excited! My heart got so soft reading Fabienne's descriptions on page one. This is going to be delightful weekend reading (and agonizing list whittling!!!)

Thank you, Jennie and Tom, for doing this. Again, brilliant you are doing it by season!!!
This, all of this! I love the anticipation of the seasonal retours, quite like the anticipation of new seasonal collections.

If I'm not careful, I'm going to end up with the entire Night Sky collection. I love Cassiopeia and Andromeda so much that I think I'm going to have to take some chances on untried beauties.

ETA: Oh dear. I have 16 bottles in my cart now and am contemplating a second backup of the addictive Romanee-Conti. I am a weak, weak woman.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

Jennie
a spark
a spark

Post by Jennie » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:34 pm

Petticoats, You always make me smile. I just adore your enthusiasm. I am so much like you! I have no will power. That goes for so many things in my life. Food, perfume, and certain types of clothing. I get a bit obsessive. I know I inherited it from my Mom. If she found a lipstick she loved, she would buy 10 of them. She would worry they would sell out. Now, I'm not that bad but, I am close. :frolic:
Jennie :hrt::

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:50 pm

Jennie wrote:Petticoats, You always make me smile. I just adore your enthusiasm. I am so much like you! I have no will power. That goes for so many things in my life. Food, perfume, and certain types of clothing. I get a bit obsessive. I know I inherited it from my Mom. If she found a lipstick she loved, she would buy 10 of them. She would worry they would sell out. Now, I'm not that bad but, I am close. :frolic:
Jennie :hrt::
Jennie, I must be related to you and your mom! Even when I was a kid I got terrible anxiety if I only had one of something I loved. I was so terrified it would break or get lost or something. As you can tell, I haven't entirely outgrown that. I still feel much better when I have backups.

I finally, heroically winnowed my order down to about 12. And promptly ordered a metric ton of decants from Ajevie. :s: At least it's not like I'm addicted to heroin, right? This is so much healthier!
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:15 pm

A metric ton? HA! Petticoats, love the image!

I spent part of the weekend going through the spring retour offerings making lists, going into my (huge) Posset collection, to see if I really need more of certain notes. I was in the forum review threads (gold mine!), trying to get help in interpreting Fabienne's descriptions. I am now down to 9 bottles, but that still needs some editing.

Also there are things I can't run out of. Like Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal. Thank god that is a pernament, although with the fickleness of component availability, one can never be too comfortable. But because I move so much, I don't think I hoard as much as you two, Jennie and Petticoats. (Yep, that is me talking with 15 bags of hazlenuts in the freezer. HA!)

:chase:

sertso
mortal
mortal

Post by sertso » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:48 pm

What has happened to Venus Black? I ordered, and received, one small bottle of it, only to discover that it's one of my all-time favorites. Suddenly, it's no longer there--just when I wanted to order a huge bottle. Out of an ingredient? Gone forever? :gaah:

Tom
mortal
mortal

Post by Tom » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:38 am

Venus Black is still alive and kicking!

https://possets.com/permanent/venus-black

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Sun May 07, 2017 6:27 am

How long is Spring Retour going? I haven't been checking in much because one of my positions at the U was eliminated so I've been totally poor and didn't need the temptation. But, last Monday I just started another 50% position so I'm good to go again!
I click on the Spring Retour on the Home page and the first thing that I see is 3 1/2 Horsemen and you know I love my bacon scents!! Lol, do I need a back up while I can get one? Leather too, love those leather scents. Seriously, the first time I wore 3.5 I asked the kiddo (no longer a kiddo) for his opinion and he thought it smelled like chocolate. I can understand how he gets that, but it's so much better. I might need a backup. Have/had a gift cert that I haven't been able to apply and still am needing a bottle of Midnight Mass at Old St. Mary's. Probably should make an order to celebrate the new job, right?
OK. I'll stop babbling now. :rofl:
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

Tom
mortal
mortal

Post by Tom » Tue May 09, 2017 6:21 pm

Spring Retour will cease at the end of May. Stock up while the stocking is good!