Spring Retour

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Re: Spring Retour

Post by Boudicca »

Well, tried again but still can't find a thread for The Girls Love Chocolate, so I'm starting one in Previous Seasonal Possets. It appears it came out Spring 2011 and the pre-2012 reviews are a little harder to search. I'll probably be randomly adding descriptions there if I can't find an existing thread. :chase:

ETA: The Girls Love Chocolate is the only one I couldn't find a review thread for!
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

Oh, great...glad The Girls Love Chocolate has a place now! Did all the Girls come out at once? My favorite is the Girls Love Cha Cha Cha and I am sitting on my hands not to get a backup, even though it is endangered. The rose in that is so haunting.

I am presently eyeing Dandelion Fluff. I have been successful with this note with bpal, so would love to try Fabienne's take on it.
Narcisse
mortal
mortal

Post by Narcisse »

Has anyone tried Portrait of a Lady?
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

Narcisse wrote:Has anyone tried Portrait of a Lady?
That sounds really pretty and I don;t know why I don't have it! Did you read the reviews on this forum?

Here is the link-

http://www.possets.com/talking/viewtopi ... ady#p39755
Narcisse
mortal
mortal

Post by Narcisse »

Yes I did read all the reviews but sometimes people who may not have left a review might have still tried it. I was hoping there might be one of those lurking in the shadows.
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

Narcisse wrote:Yes I did read all the reviews but sometimes people who may not have left a review might have still tried it. I was hoping there might be one of those lurking in the shadows.
Another place I get Posset information from is the "Other Companies You Love" thread on the BPAL forum and Reddit (when I am feeling particularly strong). Sadly this forum has been pretty quiet since we lost Fabienne. :( There is also a FB group page.
Narcisse
mortal
mortal

Post by Narcisse »

So rose people how you do feel about Portrait of a Lady? Or A lady in her own right? Yes I know it is not a rose bit summer is in full swing in New Orleans so if anyone has insights would be so thankful!
katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka »

Narcisse wrote:So rose people how you do feel about Portrait of a Lady? Or A lady in her own right? Yes I know it is not a rose bit summer is in full swing in New Orleans so if anyone has insights would be so thankful!
I wasn't too excited about Portrait of a Lady when I first bought it (pretty much straight-up rose), but I really like it now! The wet stone has come out, so I get a fresh "cool" rose, like after a spring rain (vs. a heady rose that's been out in the sun the whole day). I have a lot of rose scents, as no one does rose quite like Possets. This scent isn't my go-to rose, but it is very lovely and elegant, and I'm glad to have it in my collection.

Lady in Her Own Right - get this only if you really (and I mean REALLY) like heady honey smells, along the lines of Holy, Holy, Holy. I remember a strong honey smell, although that's not listed as the dominant note...I've also realized since then that I don't care much for neroli. Whatever the reason, this lady was so strong when I first bought the scent that I immediately swapped her away. Maybe I'd feel differently now that my tastes have matured, but that's what I remember.

Hope that helps!
fireweaver
mortal
mortal

Post by fireweaver »

Just bought a bottle of grace of the posset, saw the going down announcement and had to get a backup. Bottles of Isabella, blue peyps and Romanee-conti hopped aboard.
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

fireweaver wrote:Just bought a bottle of grace of the posset, saw the going down announcement and had to get a backup. Bottles of Isabella, blue peyps and Romanee-conti hopped aboard.
Darn, I didn't get any of those and they all sound intriguing! I did get Arbitage which has been on my radar for years (apricot, wood and vanilla...supposedly less foody than My Lovers Lips) and Patient Geselde (because I am a violet addict).