Spring Retour

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Re: Spring Retour

Post by marisaviola » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:42 pm

Hi, everyone, here we are at the spring retour--one of my favorite times of year, along with the Valentine's Day scents...and some lovely summer collections also. I had tried to get into the forum a bit earlier and was having trouble, but Tom and Jennie checked on it with the IT person, and now it's fixed--so we can chat about spring Possets...does anyone have any favorites, or have questions about certain fragrances?

I got some decants from Angi this year and had tried some last year--so I've gotten some that have aged to revisit, and will be trying some new ones as soon as my decants are rested--they arrived yesterday! :maily:

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:23 pm

My decants are still making their way across the Pacific (or Atlantic...who knows!) and I have to give a shout out for Angi for the half decants. I stopped doing decants, but for these lovely Posset retours, I find them most useful. They often come after the collection is down, but at least I have my list for the following year!

This year I blind bottled Phi, Stunning, Finonacci Curve and Solid Gold Bangles. That last one is TOTALLY out of my note wheelhouse with the "fruity" aspect, but it does have sandalwood and musk, so I might be surprised. Also I found that particular collection (The Last Great Cocktail Party) a wonderful one, with no disappointments yet. I am also curious to smell Angi's favorite Posset, beings that she smelled ALL of them!

I think I will go dab on some of The Countess right now and smell elegant on Sunday morning. I do love Fabienne's chypres!

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:36 pm

Hi, Minh, thank you for sharing your latest discoveries and your loves for the spring collection! That is a favorite collection of mine also, the whole story captivated me, and there are very few I've tried from that collection that I did not enjoy. Like you, I tend to let them age a year and order full bottles of ones I've tried a year ago. This year, I am eyeing The Countess (a refreshing and stunning chypre, how can one not love it?), Hubris (fresh ginger and so lovely) and Sanctum Sanctorum (which I've been wanting for several years) as my full bottles--with second runners up for future reference: Pi, Simulacrum and Stunning--and possibly Patient Grizelda which is a violet-based fragrance, though you can smell a bit of iris in it, as well. I have not yet explored the new decants which arrived just a few days ago.

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:56 pm

Yay! I can finally get on the forum! I tried earlier today at work and kept getting error messages.
I have so many favorites from the Spring collections I don't know where to begin!
I've got a LOT from Night Sky and Sacred Geometry.
My all time fav is probably 3 1/2 Horsemen, because, of course, BACON! Lol, I'm on limited funds these days but I may break my no-buy and get a back up.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Fri May 03, 2019 10:38 pm

I've been exploring some new decants I got from Ajevie.com. I really love A Lady in Her Own Right. Absolutely gorgeous neroli and beeswax honeyed note. Fabienne did a beautiful job with this. It is sweet but not gourmand or foody in the least, very classic in its blending. "Neroli is one of the most precious flower essences and always denotes a refined sense of taste in scent. Combined with a light kiss of beeswax, and sandalwood to round out things. A drop of myrtle, and a white musk backdrop should round out this splendid perfume which has enough gravitas to pass muster but with a wink to cause trouble. Ladies are actually known to do that."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Sat May 04, 2019 10:38 pm

Marisaviola, I absolutely LOVE Lady in Her Own Righ! The neroli is just right and buoyed by that beeswax/sandalwood.

Still waiting patiently for my decants. They were mailed a while ago, but it takes forever to get to me. None of decants I order get here before the scents go down. I used to be annoyed, but have become relaxed, learning to wait for the following year.

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Fri May 10, 2019 10:34 pm

That's wonderful you've learned to be mellow about it, Minh! I would be frustrated with the time it takes in your situations, but interestingly I've also tended to let the decants age a year and get the ones that stood out to me the previous retour--each year that Tom and Jennie have been with Possets I've gotten a chance to try some more of these wonderful perfumes, thanks to Angi and Ajevie.com.

I am not surprised that you love A Lady in her Own Right as I know we share a number of perfume tastes!

I just wanted to share I just tried my decant of Alisoun tonight and I love it, it's gorgeous! This from someone who does not tend to wear fruity fragrances--it's not overly fruity but it does have a lovely and somewhat subtle apricot note, but also has these other creamy and silky honeyed notes.