Summer Retour -- Random Thoughts and Review Requests

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

marisaviola
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Summer Retour -- Random Thoughts and Review Requests

Post by marisaviola » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:06 pm

You're very welcome, Minh! I do hope you like it. Thank you for your input on 14 Carnations--I just checked reviews and one person also mentioned that brief opening rose note! I had a decant vial a long time ago, I think courtesy of wonderful Boudicca, so must try to find that, but based on what you shared, I think I need to give in and get it this time around! I rather kicked myself both in 2014 and then at the 2015 Retour! :chase:

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:27 pm

Awww, I don't think it was me. But Possets' carnations rock!!! I have a few, but I don't think from any Summer collection....
What do you have carnation-wise? Year of the Retour -- I'll have to send you a decant of the Ruined Reputation to test before the Yules come back. Trying to think what else I have.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:45 pm

I really appreciate everyone' s input on the Retour scents! I find the process such p,easure. I just put in my order yesterday-

Windmills (passed it twice with regret!)
Mafia (osmanthus!)
Dutch Adonis (dark violets!)
and one nonRetour, Arcturus due to unbriddled enabling on the BPAL forum!

And I got a mailing notice from Jennie today!! :frolic: Talk about magic TAT!!!

These three will join Omar Khayam who came with the last order. I am having a low buy year. I think four selections per Retour is not unreasonable. (HA! Did you hear that defensive tone?)

marisaviola
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by marisaviola » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:48 pm

It sounds very reasonable to me, Minh! :angel:

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:53 pm

Thank you for your kind support, Marisaviola, but may I gently suggest if I said 28 instead of 4, you probably woukd declare that "reasonable ". :bwah: :hug:

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:20 am

Browsing... any thoughts on Ancient Marshmallows?

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:35 pm

Boudicca wrote:Browsing... any thoughts on Ancient Marshmallows?
As I recall it reminded me of Bit-O-Honey candy. I'll be glad to send you a q-tip if you like.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:21 am

Petticoats wrote:
Boudicca wrote:Browsing... any thoughts on Ancient Marshmallows?
As I recall it reminded me of Bit-O-Honey candy. I'll be glad to send you a q-tip if you like.
Thank you :hug: Bit-O-Honey sounds like something I need. I don't know. I haven't bought many Possets recently because, reasons. Me trying to be good. I suck at trying to be good. And I have enough perfume to last me a lifetime, lol! Yet there's more I want and I'm tired of trying to be good so I think I'm just going to throw it in my cart. Then one more and I pull the trigger. I may suck at trying to be good but I'm saying four bottles is enough this time!! Jebus!! Next Retour will be Halloween collections!!! NO chance of me being good then.

ETA: In case anyone is wondering, my first order from my first Retour was 19 bottles
:rofl:
Then I made a second order for another 10 or so... Go for it :wink:
:frolic:

marisaviola
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by marisaviola » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:46 am

I must admit that the Ancient Marshmallows have pulled at me and I'm not even a gourmand lover, generally....but there's a few of Fabienne's blends that have helped me expand my horizons! :grin: Her writing and how she presents things is enough to tempt me! I appreciate your sharing your Retour experiences, Boudicca, as it makes me feel less alone! :hug: I got tons of decants from Angi to try things, and the last Retour that Fabienne had I was sooo immoderate--I was too embarassed to tell anyone. I think I placed three orders of multiple bottles, all of them blind buys. Fortunately I would say that 95% have been successes and loves or likes! I've got my eye on several this time around! I remember from the time I became active at Possets and you kindly took me under your wing for the 30 day Possets Challenge (just a little over two years ago...can you believe it?) you had told me about Gelato Blood Orange...so definitely, I am wondering if I can let it get away this time!

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:26 pm

Is there anyone who has tried Air Conditioning or Mint Tea? I'm nervous about the mint notes in these, because I love peppermint, but dislike spearmint, and I have a feeling both of them are more spearmint.