Summer Retour -- Random Thoughts and Review Requests

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: Summer Retour -- Random Thoughts and Review Requests

Post by Petticoats » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:05 pm

I've been having a fun time with my decants and have found some new loves: Waltzing Matilda, The Great Clod, Birth of Venus, and the Panties of Ptah. I've posted reviews of all four.

I'm on the fence about Hortus (lovely but may not be "me"), Gelato: Strawberry from Syracuse, Leda and the Swan (not sure the patch and I get along), and Carnation, Lily, Lily, Rose (beautiful but again maybe not me). 14 Carnations is pretty, but I find it very similar to The Ruined Reputation, which is still my favorite. Oh, and Haiku: Whale is refreshing and delightful, but I'm just not sure I would reach for it often enough to warrant a bottle. It is one of the great feel-good possets, though, for lifting one's spirits.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:15 pm

I liked Hortus, but it opens with a really thick, sap-like green note that packs a punch. However, Fiore Di Profumo--also with linden and neroli--is similar and much more forgiving, starting with bright lime juice.

The Summer scents are really agreeing with me. I have 32 decants already tested, 9 more on the way, and I'm even considering picking up a few last-minute stragglers, because I have NO CHILL. So far I am loving:

Faience
Fiore Di Profumo
Kohl
Gelato: Blood Orange

Envious Pink, Ginger Lime Granita, Myrtle of Venus (apricot, and less perfumy than A Portrait of Jane Small) and Earth Touch are also lovely, and vying for my attention. Air Conditioning--like all the naturals--disappears on my skin. I smell almost nothing. I had hoped for real, fresh ginger in Flying Horse and Madame X Squared (should have paid attention when people said coconut! It's in there), but it was not to be. Etna was also highly anticipated, but it's super masculine to my nose; it smells a lot like one of those Game-of-Thrones-inspired deodorants by Old Spice (the "Wild Collection", which I find both ridiculous and sort of cool, maybe). Still--the ones that are working for me constitutes a record, as I usually only find one or two.

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:25 pm

So, I saw from the email newsletter today is the last day! I just want to say, I appreciate the length of these seasonal retours. :hrt::

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:43 pm

Minh Scent wrote:So, I saw from the email newsletter today is the last day! I just want to say, I appreciate the length of these seasonal retours. :hrt::
Me too. It took an eclipse for me to finally place an order. :wink:
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

Tom
mortal
mortal

Post by Tom » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:57 pm

Jennie and I want to thank everyone for a wonderful Summer Retour. It has been tremendous fun for us to become acquainted with Fabienne's creations. There are so many lovely ones!

We are working to get the Fall Retour ready to go live. We are not sure exactly when it will start, but it won't be long! :frolic:

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:48 pm

Oh, super excited...the Summer Retour is here again!! Time to look through my notes and see what got away last time!! :chase: Happy Summer Solstice, everyone!

tleslie832
a spark
a spark

Post by tleslie832 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:06 pm

I've been meaning to go add reviews for a couple of the ones I love.

And to dig out decants to see what's aged beautifully that I might need to get. I missed Bikini Girls, got a decant too late but think I'll definitely need this one. I know I want to dig out Haiku Chrysanthemum as well. And Myrtle of Venus. I'm sure that's not all... Summer retour was a big hit for me last year!

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:45 am

Alright, after a lot if (delightful) agonizing, I put in my Summer Retour order (with the wonderful discount code!) and am excited to get
Christensen Chrysanthmum Haiku
Kobayashi Roof of Hell Haiku
Jardin di Principio
Flying Horse
Acanthus
and Wings of an Angel for the ride

It was hard not getting back up bottles of Bouquet de Marechel and Dutch Adonis, but the reality is I have a healthy rotation. HA! :frolic:

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:39 am

Minh Scent wrote:Alright, after a lot if (delightful) agonizing, I put in my Summer Retour order (with the wonderful discount code!) and am excited to get
Christensen Chrysanthmum Haiku
Kobayashi Roof of Hell Haiku
Jardin di Principio
Flying Horse
Acanthus
and Wings of an Angel for the ride

It was hard not getting back up bottles of Bouquet de Marechel and Dutch Adonis, but the reality is I have a healthy rotation. HA! :frolic:
NICE!!!
Roof of Hell is the only one of those I have. I am not surprised you went for it, lol! I think you'll love it.

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:59 pm

Any thoughts on Beowulf - The Water Burns other than those in the actual review thread? I've got a bunch of decants from the first time this collection came out but couldn't get one of this, there were no slots left or something. I was very curious about this one and here I am, five years later, still considering it.