Yule Retour

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

Tom
mortal
mortal

Yule Retour

Post by Tom » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:02 pm

Here is the place for everything Yule Retour! Enjoy!

Boudicca

Re: Yule Retour

Post by Boudicca » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:30 pm

Awesome!! When will they be up?
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:03 pm

A few of my fav Yules:
Panic
Bad Habit
Mona Lisa
The Burning Xmas Tree
Emine
Too many from 2014, oddly enough
Holy x3
Sacred Smoke
Too many to list!!!

I need to grab Meat Candy this time around.
:leaves:
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

Tom
mortal
mortal

Post by Tom » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:31 pm

We plan to be live tomorrow! :leaves:

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:44 am

Oh, my god...already? I am still going through my autumn decants!

One thing, I think I have almost all the scents from 2014, so I can cross a few scents off my list! :smi:

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:36 pm

Whoo-hoo! I love Yules. These are my favorites:

Clara’s Party (black musk, Arabian frankincense, 3 golden ambers, very spicy gingerbread, and a goodly shot of black tea): an absolutely ravishing fragrance, one I reach for over and over in chilly weather. Poised between foody and resinous, with that lovely cheering spiciness of gingerbread but not as foody as the gingerbread house fragrances.

Havoc (incense, banana, sandalwood, black carnation, and black musk): has a kind of bubblegum quality alongside the magnificent incense and black musk. Always energizes me and makes me smile.

Holy Holy Holy (incense, amber, and honey): just beautiful. Simple, beautiful.

Lovechild – Meltbaby (cherry, coconut, rose): just so pretty. Not at all sophisticated, a happy fragrance.

Spanish Dance from the Nutcracker (unsweetened liquor of chocolate): dry, perfumy chocolate heaven. There is something about this that goes straight to the pleasure center in my brain—I was almost literally addicted to it the year it came out, went through my first bottle like fast. (I made sure to get backups.) I don’t see this one listed, which is a real shame.

The Ruined Reputation (spice, carnation, crystal musk): sexy, spicy carnation, my very favorite carnation posset.

Venus—Love and Beauty (a ferny frill, sweet myrtle, white musk, currant, clove, and black cumin seed): This is just such a lovely, warm, comfortingly feminine kind of fragrance. It’s not one you have to psych yourself up to pull off. It’s just sweet and delightful, different from anything else I have.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:37 pm

Just going through the website to see the Retour...Emine is glorious, everyone. I highly recommend. I even got a backup bottle in Yule 2015 when it came out, Fabienne's last Yule with us. This is the one I wore to a natural grocery store and the lady checking me out with my food literally swooned and said "you smell amazing! What are you wearing?" If you like Eastern blends, do try this one!

And of course, I will always highly recommend Winter (Mucha)! A beautiful deep violet chypre, very classic. Reminiscent to me of vintage formulas of the best French perfume houses.

:madamex:

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:29 am

I recommend these...sorry no time to get the notes...

Beethoven's 5th
Clara's Tea Party
Pacabel's Cannon
Silver Licorice
Boughs (only if you like evergreen)
1812 Overature
Hallallujah
Black Prince
Winter Mucha (this is a standout beauty and should be on the permanent list)
Emine
Frida Khalo
Winter Chyphe (only if you love oakmoss)
Girl in White

Second List (not as gaga about them as first list, but really are pretty and I am glad I have them)
Black River
Salome
Judith
Apep (or was that autumn?)
Spanish Dance

I cannot recommend Hungarian Rhapsody. It has been the only perfume that made me sick to my stomach. I can't bear to part with it however. Maybe I will try to smell it again after four years..... And I hear some love it.

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:45 am

Marisaviola, do you have a review for Archangels you got in the 2015 Retour???
Thank you! :hug:

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:53 pm

Hi, Minh, I just realized I dropped the ball last year with writing my review! I have entered it in the proper forum section and here is the link and the text of it:
http://www.possets.com/talking/viewtopi ... 298#p43298
Archangels is a beautiful floral blend. To me, at the very beginning, both in the bottle and wet on my skin, I get a lilac note, even though that is not listed. I remember when I got the bottle at Retour 2015 I was almost wondering if it might have gotten confused with Angels, which I also have, but that one is softer and more rose-based so I feel sure I truly do have Archangels. As I let it develop on my skin and it dries, a soft violet begins to emerge. It is definitely there but more elusive than Fabienne's other violets such as those in Bouquet a la Marechale, Columba, or the deep purple ones in Winter Mucha, Dutch Adonis, or even A Haiku-Kobayashi Roof of Hell.

It's definitely a blend and not a soliflore but it's hard to discern what else I am picking up--it's not strongly black musk or honey on my skin, or pollen, not in the way that Sunflowers or Re-God of the Sun emphasize that honey and pollen glorious golden note. The deeper base that I smell at times probably is the black musk grounding it, and that extra note or slight edge that gives it depth is probably the herbal aspect from tumeric, though it is in no way foody or "cooking spice" territory, just enough to give it something extra and balance the floral sweetness.

I cherish having Archangels and my other angelic hosts fragrances that are not permanents, Angels and Cherubim--I wore Angels for Fabienne's Memorial that we held at Possets but it was a hard decision between that and Archangels. I would say Archangels is a bit more strong and decisive than Angels, appropriate for their order in the Celestial Hierarchy.