Yule Retour

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: Yule Retour

Post by Petticoats » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:23 pm

katiushka wrote:
Petticoats wrote:Today I wore Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy, which was a blind buy that I was fairly uncertain about, and I am loving it! It's amazing how some possets that I was most doubtful about turn out to be ones I'm fondest of. This is delightful, more grown-up than I'd anticipated, and more reminiscent of currant than grape (yay!).
I know, right?! I love Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy and have been hoping that other people would discover it too :)
Well, I am definitely a fan now!

Thanks to the lovely marisaviola for the q-tip of Judith Leyster Self Portrait! I am really enjoying this. The whiff of mint is fleeting but delightful, and I'm not getting anise (whew!). Just lovely spicy-creamy carnation, reminiscent of Pre-Raphaelite Seductress but without so much else to distract from the flowers. This is absolutely delightful.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

Apollonia
mortal
mortal

Post by Apollonia » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:35 am

Hi all,
I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me the difference between Russian Dance and Gingerbread Whorehouse? Is one spicier/more foody than the other? Are they very similar?
Thanks!

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:32 am

Apollonia wrote:Hi all,
I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me the difference between Russian Dance and Gingerbread Whorehouse? Is one spicier/more foody than the other? Are they very similar?
Thanks!
The two are extremely different - at least on my skin. On me, Gingerbread Whorehouse is a mild gingerbread cake, with spices playing nice behind the cake smell. Russian Dance is a spicy, in-your-face, hot, seductive and succulent gingerbread cookie straight from the oven.

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:19 am

My decant order arrived and I am SO IN LOVE with Black Death! It is ravishing. It reminds me of some of the dark Cambiennes. <swoons>

Apollonia
mortal
mortal

Post by Apollonia » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:29 pm

katiushka wrote:
Apollonia wrote:Hi all,
Thanks!
The two are extremely different - at least on my skin. On me, Gingerbread Whorehouse is a mild gingerbread cake, with spices playing nice behind the cake smell. Russian Dance is a spicy, in-your-face, hot, seductive and succulent gingerbread cookie straight from the oven.
Oh my gosh, thank you!
I ended up blind buying Russian Dance and now I'm ever so glad I did. I personally have a lot of trouble finding a gingerbread scent that's spicy enough for me so this is excellent news.

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:41 am

I've been out of town and just got to open up my latest order last night, and Judith Leyster Self Portrait has edged out Ruined Reputation as my favorite carnation posset! So I had to order a backup and a backup of Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy. I really struggled about whether to order a backup of Mona Lisa as well, and I finally convinced myself that it's similar enough to the luscious Jurogumo that I didn't need a backup. Hope I don't live to regret that choice. :)

In my graceful way I managed to knock over an uncapped bottle of water and ruined a lot of my possets' labels. Sigh. :trout:

caith_possets
mortal
mortal

Post by caith_possets » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:51 am

Does anyone know when the Yules will come down?

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:43 pm

caith_possets wrote:Does anyone know when the Yules will come down?
The home page for the store says Retour ends January 31st.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

caith_possets
mortal
mortal

Post by caith_possets » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:39 am

Boudicca wrote:
Oops, of course I'd forget to look in the most obvious place! :headdesk:

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:09 pm

caith_possets wrote:
Boudicca wrote:
Oops, of course I'd forget to look in the most obvious place! :headdesk:
No worries! Lol, that's what I'm here for; I like to help!
:frolic:
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds