Announcements for 2018

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Re: Announcements for 2018

Post by Minh Scent »

Margowhat, I feel like I am late on the Cambienne trail, as well, when reading the old threads. I do know I love the Cambiennes I have. As your fellow Libra, I also share your dilemmas of choice! (But I think in the case of perfumes, it might be universal!)

Katiushka, thank you for the affirmation on Riding Habit... :chase:
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Margowhat wrote:I'm a newbie and have no experience with Cambiennes. Very excited to see how this evolves. I chose a bottle of Heathcliff and Catherine Earnshaw to ride along because I missed out on it at Ajevie with my Libra "must research everything 10 times before deciding" ness. I almost got Valentine Surprise too but I have Meat Candy already and I hope that's enough.
Hey! I like Meat Candy better than Valentine Surprise, though I like them both! But I'm not a huge rose fan, so yeah. Heath and Cathy is amazing IMO. Wondering if I could get it to fly under the radar at work.... Anyway. I'm seriously a Cambienne ... addict.

Anyway, there's so much from previous Spring collections that I'd like to check out.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

LOL
#baconforthewin
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

Lovelies, has anyone tried the new spring collection? I ordered Cedar Silver and Ode to Aprodite, but wont get to smell them for another month. I noticed half the collection are naturals. Where are are lovely mods? We need a review thread for these!! :pom:
katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka »

Minh Scent wrote:Lovelies, has anyone tried the new spring collection? I ordered Cedar Silver and Ode to Aprodite, but wont get to smell them for another month. I noticed half the collection are naturals. Where are are lovely mods? We need a review thread for these!! :pom:
I received Water Witch and Nausicaa this past week - I'll let you know once I test them!
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Minh Scent wrote:Lovelies, has anyone tried the new spring collection? I ordered Cedar Silver and Ode to Aprodite, but wont get to smell them for another month. I noticed half the collection are naturals. Where are are lovely mods? We need a review thread for these!! :pom:
Ugh, I'm slacking! Been so long since a whole new collection. I can start reviews threads but I need an admin to put them in a "group" or whatever you want to call it.
katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka »

katiushka wrote:
I received Water Witch and Nausicaa this past week - I'll let you know once I test them!
I tested both bottles. Tom and Jennie have indeed shown themselves to be perfumers in their own right!

Nausicaa - the description of a heartbroken island girl is spot-on. The impression is of a lady wearing a beautiful citrus perfume who is lying on the ground and crying. This is primarily an earthy scent from the wood. We can smell the perfume with the citrus, and the peppermint somehow blends everything together with a flow of tears and uplifting healing medicine. This is very well-blended, a painting in perfume. Aromatherapy yet still perfume. As with all naturals it is relatively short-lived and close to the skin, but the initial waft is worth it.

Water Witch - the best jasmine perfume I have ever smelled. I love the idea of jasmine, but most oils and perfumes go either indolic or cloying on my skin. In this blend, somehow all the other notes seem to help the jasmine retain all its beautiful qualities and remove or hide the less desirable ones. It is strong but not overpowering. It is also extremely long-lasting: I could still smell it on myself the morning after wearing it to bed. A 10 out of 10; a must-have for my perfume wardrobe! Highly recommend.
Tom
mortal
mortal

Post by Tom »

katiushka wrote:
katiushka wrote:
I tested both bottles. Tom and Jennie have indeed shown themselves to be perfumers in their own right!

Nausicaa - the description of a heartbroken island girl is spot-on. The impression is of a lady wearing a beautiful citrus perfume who is lying on the ground and crying. This is primarily an earthy scent from the wood. We can smell the perfume with the citrus, and the peppermint somehow blends everything together with a flow of tears and uplifting healing medicine. This is very well-blended, a painting in perfume. Aromatherapy yet still perfume. As with all naturals it is relatively short-lived and close to the skin, but the initial waft is worth it.

Water Witch - the best jasmine perfume I have ever smelled. I love the idea of jasmine, but most oils and perfumes go either indolic or cloying on my skin. In this blend, somehow all the other notes seem to help the jasmine retain all its beautiful qualities and remove or hide the less desirable ones. It is strong but not overpowering. It is also extremely long-lasting: I could still smell it on myself the morning after wearing it to bed. A 10 out of 10; a must-have for my perfume wardrobe! Highly recommend.
Katiushka,

Jennie and I are joyously pleased that you enjoyed Nausicaa and Water Witch! It is satisfying to have something you create be appreciated. However, we are jealous that we didn't come up with your descriptions that are so beautifully written!
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Boudicca wrote:
YAY! Tom rocks!
Possets rock!
There is now a review thread for the 2018 Spring Collection! Also, the "Review Requests and Random Thoughts" thread. Basically, that's so people don't post things like "any more reviews?" in the actual review thread.
Reviews are awesome! So many of us are on the fence about what to order so any additional thoughts/info is helpful! You don't need to be eloquent. Even just a few words that sum up your impression of a scent is helpful!
ETA: Of course, Jennie rocks too! It's just that Tom set it up so I could do the review thread thingy. (I'm so articulate.)
ETA: I should stop posting for the night but the rest of you should! :lol:
Narcisse
mortal
mortal

Post by Narcisse »

I was looking to leave a review for The Magnificent Red Rose but could find not find it in my searches. Is it hidden somewhere I did not look?