Fall and Halloween Retour 2018!

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

churchdoor
a spark
a spark

Re: Fall and Halloween Retour 2018!

Post by churchdoor » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:55 am

InThePines, I have an older decant of Satan, and these were my brief thoughts when I tested it again a week or so ago:

(The coldest strongest clear musk and heavy oakmoss for black depth, with a sharp fern, and white oude.)

All the notes fit together beautifully. The image it brings to mind is the white-grey blanket of sky on a cloudy day, cold but soft and bright.

Let me know if I should test it again to answer any questions you still have, bearing in mind that my nose is largely untrained.

InThePines
a spark
a spark

Post by InThePines » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:02 pm

Thanks churchdoor! Satan sounds right up my alley. I'm thinking of blind-bottling Satan and Halloween, just based on the reviews. I'll be sure to add my thoughts on my decants order (Apep, Anubis, Scent of Night, Jin, Dark) when they arrive.

Margowhat
primordial
primordial

Post by Margowhat » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:58 pm

Hello InthePines!

Halloween is more than a scent. It is feelings, emotion, experience, memory. It smells like burning leaves and campfire and burnt sugar in the best possible way.

Guilded Cloaks is unlike any perfume I have smelled before. Cocoa butter and just a whiff of flowers. Softly musky with the perfect balance of Sandalwood. Smells sort of like a plastic doll head but in a delicious, nostalgic way.
:eyeroll:

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:27 am

Some one was asking for a review of Satan. I did order a FB after sniffing the decant from last year. I would say it in the fougere family, with all the oakmoss and fern, but the wood and musk take it into a sexier territory. I don't think this is as complex as some of Fabienne's later fougere blends, but I obviously like it enough to want a full bottle!

InThePines
a spark
a spark

Post by InThePines » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:30 pm

Thank you Margowhat and Minh Scent for the reviews!

I finally got my decants today and here are my initial impressions straight from the mailbox:
--Scent of Night: Testing on my wrist. AMAZING. It really evokes the feeling of "night-time." It's ever-so-slightly purple with a bit of chimney smoke. A definite full bottle.
--Autumn: Testing on my wrist. I don't know how to describe this one! It reminds me a bit of Adamus.
--Jin: in vial it's peach+baked goods. Will skin-test later.
--Dark: in vial it is very candy-sweet (the fig?), which is not what I was expecting based on the notes. Will skin-test later.
--Anubis: in vial it is very coffee-forward and I love Possets' coffee. I can detect a bit of the fig. Will skin-test later.
--Apep: in vial it smells like a caramelly chypre. Will skin-test later.

Margowhat
primordial
primordial

Post by Margowhat » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:35 pm

Holy gorgeousness, Batfriends! Orpheus in the Underworld is my favorite of all the Halloween’s I purchased. It is amazing. In the Fougere family. Not overly masculine so I can easily wear this. I honestly picked it up because it reminds me of lyrics to a Peter Murphy song. It smells exactly how I would want him to smell if I met him. Dark, suave, expensive without being ostentatious. Fresh and uncluttered. Halleloo!

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:34 pm

Now I wish I had ordered a decant of Orpheus in the Underworld, Margowhat! I love fougeres!! I highly recommend Landscape in Suffolk as a beautiful example of a fougere perfume, also!

Margowhat
primordial
primordial

Post by Margowhat » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:56 am

@marisaviola If you are interested, I would be happy to send a tester to you to get your review as comparison. If there is a way to DM in this forum then send me your information and I will send it off.

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:28 pm

Thank you, Margowhat, that is very kind of you and I would love to do a comparison of the two. I have sent you a Private Message.

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:42 pm

Hi, Tom and Jennie,
I was wondering, when is the ending date for the Retour? Thank you!