Yule Retour 2018, thoughts and sharing on fragrances

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Yule Retour 2018, thoughts and sharing on fragrances

Post by marisaviola » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:09 am

I thought I would start a topic so we can share our Possets Yule experiences and get fragrance reviews from others! Happy Thanksgiving everyone! There is a special Black Friday sale at Possets today through midnight of Monday the 26th, 1+1+1+ 1=10 ml, it can be seen on Possets Perfume on Facebook and was also announced through the newsletter. https://www.facebook.com/possets/

Boudicca

Re: Yule Retour 2018, thoughts and sharing on fragrances

Post by Boudicca » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:20 pm

I really need to reorganize my bottles. I was just looking thru the offerings on the website and was like, "Do I have that one or is that one I've been meaning to buy?"
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:41 pm

Thank you for making thus thread, Marisaviola!

Boudicca, that is exactly what I was doing yesterday- trying to see what I have (my spreadsheet not always accurate!) and bottle levels. I am still waiting on my Halloween decants and bottles as well, so not yet in yule mode. However, if folks do not have Winter (Mucha)and love violet, don't hesitate! :chase:

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:45 pm

I second the Winter(Mucha), Minh! Goodness, I am totally impressed--a spread sheet! I have been in the same boat as Boudicca--do I have that one? I need to reorganize my bottles, I have them in cookie tins!

I had put together a few thoughts on some favorite Yule and Thanksgiving season ones: Winter (Mucha) a classic violet chypre blend, absolutely stunning-I've been trying for several years to get it to permanents as it's so classic. 1812 Overture is gorgeous musky one, a lot of that collection was, Emine is to die for if you love resins, that one again I feel should be a permanent. More of an Arabian type perfumery, it's the only scent I've worn where a check-out lady at a natural grocery store I go to actually almost swooned with delight and asked me "Is that you? What is that delicious scent you're wearing?"Angels and Archangels from the Angelic Host collection are light, ethereally lovely florals. Cherubim is lovely coconut-based and Dominions and Virtues are chypres with citrus and green notes. Beethoven's Fifth is beautiful classic perfumery. Black Prince is absolutely gorgeous, in some ways it has a vibe that reminds me of Mordred's Passion though it has different components. It has a following. Bottled Happiness is lovely with some iris and green notes in it, it's not an "in your face" fragrance and is well blended and soft. Chypre d'Hiver is a lovely natural blend, I have a FB of it and it definitely is more than an orange oil fragrance though it has a generous dose of that in it, it's a more complex blend. Perfect for winter blahs. Feather Down is another gorgeous natural of hers, it's a beautiful combination of lavender and vanilla bean and not fancy but probably one of my favorite lavender blends. Femme Fatale -very French, very sophisticated. It's a strong woman's scent. Judith Leyster is stunning if you are okay with Clove and that does have some anise in it as well--not as strongly spicy a clove as Frieda Kahlo which is more intense as befits its inspiration. Lipstick on the Eggnog Carton has a following and it smells exactly like both, a very good rendition! I'm really into a lot of the Lovechild series--I love the permanent one (I think it's Sweet Baby?) and I love Lovechild Meltbaby as it is like chapstick with cherry in it and some rose. I find it delicious. Lovechild Lovebaby is like peach cobbler. Luminaria is an ethereal creamy mint that Fabienne created to commemorate her neighborhood's tradition of lighting those along people's driveways and yards at Christmas. Mona Lisa is a sweet molasses-like resin. Spanish Dancer from the Nutcracker (not to be confused with Spanish Dance) is a deep chocolate that is yummy. Ride of the Valkyries is a gorgeous musky chypre with some herbal notes. The Ruined Reputation is a sexy musky carnation blend. Wings is a really unique dry saffron-based natural.

InThePines
a spark
a spark

Post by InThePines » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:03 am

Wow, marisaviola you da real MVP! I'm surprised that I don't have more Yules in my collection, but here are the Yules I love and have Full-Bottled: Moonbux (fantastic sweet coffee, great throw), Boughs (sweet evergreen, wish it had stronger throw though!), The Babe (soft, fresh-baked bread, great for layering), and The Burning Christmas Tree (smoky coffee and evergreen, again wish it was stronger).

'Fumes I'm most excited to try: Black River, Clara's Party, Emine, Mona Lisa (is this super sweet? I'm hoping for more wood), Pachebel's Canon (Is this all sugary orange or is the sandalwood prevalent?), Panic, Repose, and Winter (Mucha).

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:48 am

I agree with InthePines, Marisaviola, you are our MVP on reviews! Absolutely agree with you on Ermine!

InthePines, I had to order a second bottle of Clara's Tea Party last year. For me , it became a real comforting scent and I used it at bed time.

Pacabel's Canon is a lovely sandalwood and orange...does not seem sweet.

I ordered decants of
The Enormous Rose
The Star
First Sleep
Liquid Tinsel
Temptation
Georgiana Duchess of Devonshire

(Which reminds me, my Fall decants have not yet arrived, along with two full bottles as well!!! Love the Vietnamese post!)

I just saw the 20% off for December deal! This is great! Especially since I spilled the rest of my beloved Silver Sandalwood on the floor! (Not a Yules, but beloved!)

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:14 pm

Remember we have free shipping on US orders ending Saturday the 15th, Use code FreeShip at checkout!

I meant to post here sooner and got snowed in for four days...very Yule feeling! We got 11 inches in my part of North Carolina! :snow: Thank you for the reviews, InthePines, and also Minh--now you're making me want Clara's Party, which I've had my eye on for quite awhile--and also Pachelbel's Canon sounds wonderful!

churchdoor
a spark
a spark

Post by churchdoor » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:43 pm

I put the Yule blends with licorice-type notes on my wishlist, this year; they all pique my interest!

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:05 am

Hi, Churchdoor, I am sorry I did not give you my input on Judith Leyster sooner--I just put it on, and I can smell some anise in it, but I would say the spice from the clove carnation is stronger than the licorice note. It is a carnation blend primarily but in the beginning there is a lovely coolness from the mint and then a whiff of anise amid the spice.

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:39 am

I made my purchases using the free shipping code, three that I have had my eye on for awhile. I got decants last year of Lipstick on the Egg Nog Carton and Empyrean. I love both of those. Empyrean is glorious, very classic and light-filled for these dark winter days. Lipstick on the Egg Nog carton is a wonderful seasonal and also has that lipstick note I love--it has both together, the way Fabienne could be so creative.

And blind buy but based on the reviews and knowing I love ginger, I got Russian Dance--just sounded so Christmassy!