Divine Clockwork

This group of Yule scents was inspired by Dante who wrote Il Paradisio and another epic poem about Purgatory. Rich in tone, these are a wonderful combination of the most beautiful musks, fabulous resins, celestial coconuts with ferns, iris, candy, and the sweet imagination which Possets puts in all of their works.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Divine Clockwork

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: As the divine being fly 'round the center of heaven, this fragrance seems to be circling itself in a charming way. A cool vanilla mint and warm bitter chocolate become more than just a marriage of great foodie combinations. Very pretty and upbeat, a wonderful fragrance if you have overindulged the night before.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
hill78
principalities
principalities

Re: Divine Clockwork

Post by hill78 »

Well, in the bottle this gives Luminaria a run for it's money. Beautiful vanilla and mint, the warmth of chocolate (but not sweetened chocolate). The mint her is more bold that in Luminaria, the chocolate less powdery. Will update with more information once I am able to test!

ETA: Full wearing today! I don't know what vanilla Fabienne used in this, but it is magnificent. I love it! The mint is a gentle, refreshing addition, not harsh or tingly in the nose. Something, maybe the chocolate, is giving this a gorgeous musky quality. I may very well need a large bottle of this, if it doesn't become permanent. Many vanilla-mint scents are too heavy on the mint, or they are too light in general and wear off too quickly.....this one is perfectly balanced. I can not pick out the chocolate, the scent is too well blended. This is sweet, but not foodie sweet. In fact, this is decidedly non-foodie. There is something about this scent that has a wonderful perfumey quality, perhaps the muskiness I mentioned. Love it! Must have more! I encourage everyone to try this. It is much more than the sum of it's parts.
Oreana
a spark
a spark

Post by Oreana »

I put this one on today, so, my first review!

The chocolate reminds me of Guffaw which is one of my faves. It's a bit dusty and perfumey instead of foodie, and stands out the most to me in this blend. I like that the mint is not too minty and I can tell there is vanilla in there too but it's not the star to me.
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

I love Ribbands, and this one sounds similar to it too, so this one is tempting me. I don't usually do foodies, my chemistry tends to make them not so great as they are in the bottle. Does anyone know if it's like Ribbands at all?
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

I'm copying my review from the main thread in case others want my initial thoughts on how this worked for me straight from the mail box (and who maybe aren't reading the main thread).
Divine Clockwork in the bottle is minty and reminds me of Luminaria (but Luminaria ramped up by many degrees). The mint here is very strong. Um. Like super very bracing very very strong lol. This reminds me of the Andes Mints (the mint and chocolate candies). On my skin, whoah that mint amps even more. Holy cow. How is that possible?! The chocolate has been kicked in the face and stuffed in a corner while the mint swaggers around a bit. This also reminds me of....hmmmm....a bit of Wraith in the musk or even Ultramarine Blue. The mint does begin to fade down some, and what reminds me of Wraith/Ultramarine Blue comes forward even more, along with the vanilla. Even after ten minutes, the mint is still very sharp and bracing, but I can tell it's going to resolve in this blend. This is Luminaria's amped up (by a lot) cousin. I don't get much chocolate the more it dries--rather the chocolate has faded down to lurk and slink in the shadows. But then, what I'm thinking of in Wraith/Ultramarine Blue amped a certain essence on me, and this one is doing the same thing--so I don't know if that's skewing things or not. (That note tended to head into vanilla/floral carpet cleaner territory for me, and I know it doesn't do the same for others, so your mileage will vary.)
To answer your question, Atropos, this is not like Ribbands to me at all.
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

I get mostly mint from this; it's kind of perfumy and even a little sharp, not unpleasant but not what I expected. I'm not getting any chocolate.

I think I should have chosen something non-minty, since it's such a cold, gray day! I have my decant of Bird's Nest with me; I may switch to that when my skin eats up Clockwork.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by stellamaris »

oh my! this one is awesome!
It smells just like a mint oreo to me, but so rich! And no vanilla turning to plastic here, it's really true. Fantastic stuff.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Trying this again today and about fell over. It has shifted a lot since resting, although I do still get that musk I'm trying to pin down too. I am loving this much more than at first try...or maybe it's just what I needed today to speak to me. The mint still plays in the background, but plays beautifully with everything else in such a way that it almost comes across like lavender. Really really glad I'm wearing this one today. I think bottles need time to rest at my house to fully come into their own for me to test.