All Those Things Whose Bite Can Bring

This group of Yule scents was inspired by Dante who wrote Il Paradisio and another epic poem about Purgatory. Rich in tone, these are a wonderful combination of the most beautiful musks, fabulous resins, celestial coconuts with ferns, iris, candy, and the sweet imagination which Possets puts in all of their works.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

All Those Things Whose Bite Can Bring

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: Cold and minty eucalyptus with pine and a background of deceptive vanilla. A rather pitiless perfume. Sexy, volatile, crisp like the outdoors, but with an amusing changing central theme. It does have a bite but that is due to a bitter almond/holly berry-like ingredient at it s core. Not your average fir. A very stony heart.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
magpie84
a spark
a spark

Re: All Those Things Whose Bite Can Bring

Post by magpie84 »

Crisp pine with sweet vanilla mint in the background. The menthol from the eucalyptus adds a cool edge. I think this would make a good unisex scent - it's fresh and clean without smelling like laundry detergent or air freshener.
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie »

First sniff is pine and eucalyptus, bright and fresh. Smells like Christmas trees.
It dries into a lightly sweet vanilla, soft mint, and bright pine. Smells natural and airy, not candied.

Unisex, would be a great house scent or bath & body product scent. I'm loving it for helping me get through the 2pm afternoon drowsy slump.

I adore Fabienne's evergreen scents (Fascinator, Tinsel) and this is another winner.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
puck nc
a spark
a spark

Post by puck nc »

Origin: Straight from Possets.

Initial Thoughts: I'll be honest, I threw this one into the shopping cart because the description reminded me a bit of BPAL's Skadi, one of my all-time favorite scents, with the evergreeen and the cold and the mention of berry.

In the Bottle: Wow, pine and eucalyptus so strong it's almost medicinal. Hardly like Skadi at all.

Wet: A dash of pine and then that medicine-y eucalyptus takes over. And the feel of the outdoors here seems to be a dirt scent, which I don't like.

Drydown: The "bite" element is turning out to be more bitter almond than hollyberry. At least the mint/eucalyptus has calmed down - I don't smell it particularly, but when I sniff my sinuses are clearing.

Verdict: Damn, that was almost 180 degrees from my hopes and expectations. This one needs a better home than I can give.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

gypsyjolie wrote:I adore Fabienne's evergreen scents (Fascinator, Tinsel) and this is another winner.
Aha! I was hoping someone would try this and could compare it to Tinsel. How would you say it's the same/different?
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie »

well, Tinsel is very very sweet - buttery sugar cookies and fir, I think. This is more pine and far less sugar. This smells like the outdoors (pine + cold, airy, the eucalyptus and bitter almond portion of the scent, which is not as pronounced on me as it is on some of the reviewers), plus a bit of non-buttery vanilla sweetness to soften. To me, Tinsel is COOKIES + evergreen, while this is PINE+ vanilla/eucalyptus.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

gypsyjolie wrote:well, Tinsel is very very sweet - buttery sugar cookies and fir, I think. This is more pine and far less sugar. This smells like the outdoors (pine + cold, airy, the eucalyptus and bitter almond portion of the scent, which is not as pronounced on me as it is on some of the reviewers), plus a bit of non-buttery vanilla sweetness to soften. To me, Tinsel is COOKIES + evergreen, while this is PINE+ vanilla/eucalyptus.
Thank you so much! I love the differences. I may have to grab this one after all.