The Enormous Rose

This group of Yule scents was inspired by Dante who wrote Il Paradisio and another epic poem about Purgatory. Rich in tone, these are a wonderful combination of the most beautiful musks, fabulous resins, celestial coconuts with ferns, iris, candy, and the sweet imagination which Possets puts in all of their works.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Enormous Rose

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: In the celestial realm life is lead inside a giant rose. Angels exist on its petals and the shape of the rose results in a heavenly whorl around The Divine.

Roses and opium, the scent of stony soil. A soaring rose perfume with none of the cliche driven rose parts to it. A celestial sort of a rose scent which somehow manages to combine: the earthiness of civet with a calcium fragrance, with a deep and earthy amber. Somehow, with all the earthbound element, The Enormous Rose smells heaven-like. A very complex rose.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: The Enormous Rose

Post by Petticoats »

I came so close to not ordering a decant of this because some of the listed notes scared me. Now what scares me is the thought that I might have missed out on this gorgeous fragrance! It reminds me of Woman in that it's a dramatic, sexy rose with wonderful depth. The individual notes like "stony soil" don't stick out; everything just comes together into a lush, amazing whole.

If you like Woman, The Enormous Rose is a must buy. I haven't tried them side by side yet, but I think that TER may have a little more of a fresh-cut quality. It definitely has wonderful throw, and it would be a gorgeous choice for wintertime parties.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

What kind of rose is it? Yellow? Red? Pink? I can do yellow roses by Cambienne, and I can do Gypsy Grave. Other reds or pink roses, not so much.
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

I'm so sorry, but I can't tell the color of a rose from the fragrance. I'm a rose ignoramus. :cry:
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

No worries Petticoats! You are awesome, and don't have to be a rose expert. I think I'll stay away from it just because, rose and I, we have a touchy relationship. ROFL!
stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by stellamaris »

Yes if you don't like roses don't do this one, it is Enormous.
Lovely though, I adore this one. Posset roses never turn nasty or soapy on me, they are fresh and lovely all the way. :flow: