Empyrean

This group of Yule scents was inspired by Dante who wrote Il Paradisio and another epic poem about Purgatory. Rich in tone, these are a wonderful combination of the most beautiful musks, fabulous resins, celestial coconuts with ferns, iris, candy, and the sweet imagination which Possets puts in all of their works.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Empyrean

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: The highest levels of light and being, where spiritual beings dwell in shafts of light and swim through time. A beautiful combination of extravagant neroli blossom from Itay, delight in grapefruit to cut the sweetness, a lashing of vanilla, and a far call of lily of the valley. A purely divine fragrance fit for a heavenly citizen. A divinely sweet light inspiring seductive blend.

The Latin name for grapefruit is citrus paradisii.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
hill78
principalities
principalities

Re: Empyrean

Post by hill78 »

Initial bottle impressions....juicy sweetness. I get the grapefruit, but it isn't overly tart, thanks to the sweet vanilla underlying it. I can definitely smell the florals, but this isn't an overtly floral fragrance. The neroli adds to the juiciness of the grapefruit. The lily of the valley blends very well with the vanilla. In the bottle this is a really wonderful scent. Very heavenly. We will see once I have a chance to put it on my skin how things go. I shall report back.
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: Empyrean

Post by Petticoats »

This is really lovely. It's another Yule that reminds me of springtime. It has some zing, almost a teeny bite, from the grapefruit (actually, that would probably make it really refreshing in summertime) and the tiny whiff of Lily of the Valley (which I might not have recognized if I hadn't known it was there) is so pretty. I think for me my bottle-buying decision will depend on whether the vanilla softens the grapefruit enough as it continues to dry down, because I prefer softness to citrus, but it's a gently uplifting, incredibly pretty posset--I can see a bride wearing this for an outdoor wedding.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.