Bird's Nest In The Cowl

This group of Yule scents was inspired by Dante who wrote Il Paradisio and another epic poem about Purgatory. Rich in tone, these are a wonderful combination of the most beautiful musks, fabulous resins, celestial coconuts with ferns, iris, candy, and the sweet imagination which Possets puts in all of their works.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bird's Nest In The Cowl

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: A remark made in Il Paradisio is that a devil takes up residence in a monk's hood like a bird in its nest, and that devil whispers lies and other bad things into the monk's mind as he preaches to the faithful. An amusing diea, so here is a whimsical perfume as a supporting picture. So sweet and seductive that anyone would be lead astray ty its allure. Very gourmandy with a bitter chocolate, bread pudding with Bavarian cream sauce, and European Gingerbread on top. Mmmmm!
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
hill78
principalities
principalities

Re: Bird's Nest In The Cowl

Post by hill78 »

Almost savory in the bottle. Definitely get that scrumptious gingerbread. Dry chocolate. Full bodied creaminess. Just giving bottle impressions for now, as my prime testing spots are all taken. Will edit and add more after testing.

Came back to add some now that I am wearing this one! Big hit of super ginger-y gingerbread (stronger than in Gingerbread Whorehouse, this is much more foody). This starts out almost savory smelling, maybe that's the cream. I get a bit of saltiness, and I think that's coming from the gingerbread note, something about the way my nose interprets it. Once dry I get super yummy gingerbread and a delicious creaminess. My nose isn't picking out the chocolate. This is scrumptious, totally foodie, and unapologetically so!
Narcisse
mortal
mortal

Post by Narcisse »

This is a 12 hr from mail box review so it may still change but this is the initial review.
In the decant and fresh on the skin it smells exactly like the way my ginger snap recipe smells when I mix the browned butter with the dry spices. I get a hint of the dry cocoa powder in it also, but it isn't chocolately in the traditional foody scent way. It stays very dry spices and light butter on me but I don't get the creamy, buttery feel you get in the whorehouse.
After about 20-30 minutes it moves into the phase where it smells like ginger snaps being baked in the oven. It has softened and started to round out not like individual notes but happily blended cookies. It stays that way for a the rest of the dry down, where as Gingerbread Whorehouse has a musky phase that starts to come out after it's settled this just stays a gorgeous ginger cookie scent. I don't get custard and cookie, just cookie in it's perfectly delicious edible glory.
This is the love child of Seraphim and the Gingerbread Man.
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Oh so yum. All the wonderful gingery spice I love darkened down by the chocolate, which tempers the sweetness just enough to make this grown-up and sexeh. Yum and yum again. I must have a full bottle.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
magpie84
a spark
a spark

Post by magpie84 »

Sweet, spicy gingerbread and creamy custard with a hint of dark chocolate in the background. The chocolate comes out a bit more as it dries down. This is smooth and foody - if you are a fan of the Gingerbreads or Haute Love, I think you would enjoy this one.
stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by stellamaris »

This is fantastic, spicy and creamy!
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

This reminds me of these ginger Christmas cookies my mother makes. I have never been a fan of eating gingerbread but I sure like the smell. This is very foody but I like the added chocolate note. Birds Nest In The Cowl will be perfect for me to layer with woody scents or if I have a sweet tooth, I'll wear it alone. A dude behind me at the cashier in the grocery store said I smelled like a spicy caramel macchiato. I personally do not smell any coffee in the fragrance but there is a Starbucks inside next to the cash registers. So the sillage is decent and the longevity for a foody scent is also good.