Primum Mobile-The Angels

This group of Yule scents was inspired by Dante who wrote Il Paradisio and another epic poem about Purgatory. Rich in tone, these are a wonderful combination of the most beautiful musks, fabulous resins, celestial coconuts with ferns, iris, candy, and the sweet imagination which Possets puts in all of their works.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Primum Mobile-The Angels

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: As Dante leaves the Solar System, he is truly on the way to Paradise. the Primum Mobile is the outermost ring of activity around the Earth and past all the planets in the Solar System. This is where the angels live. Now there is not turning back and nothing familiar to rely on. Lavender (Hidecode and Himalayan)strike an adventurous beginning note. White thyme and Tuscan sage make a perfect picture of the world outside our cozy 21st century biosphere. Strong and cool.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: Primum Mobile-The Angels

Post by Petticoats »

In the bottle, this is sweeter and less herbal than I’d anticipated. It is herbal, but less bracing, sweeter than I’d anticipated, which I like.

Wet on skin: so lovely! I’m getting the lavender now, but it’s so different from other Possets lavender fragrances. Don't ask me how, though--maybe it's more perfumy? On the skin the effect is getting a bit more herbal, but still in a kind of perfumy way that’s really pretty.

Drying down: woof, stronger and a more powerful fragrance! There’s still a real presence here. A strength. Even as it softens and takes on a little bit of a powdery quality.

This is really attractive--I need to give it a solo trial.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Petticoats wrote:I’m getting the lavender now, but it’s so different from other Possets lavender fragrances. Don't ask me how, though--maybe it's more perfumy? On the skin the effect is getting a bit more herbal, but still in a kind of perfumy way that’s really pretty.
Would you describe it as closer to the bracing notes of Indigo or more like the softness of Ponder?
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

I'm not sure I've tried Indigo, and I haven't tried Ponder in ages. I'll have to look among my poppets and report back. :)
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

Soft lavender and sage. There is a bit of sweetness here, maybe from one of the lavenders? Herbal but not in a green or pungent way. Very nice, makes me think of a classy spa or expensive French milled soap. Might be a nice sleeping blend, but seems to be quite soft on me.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

I'm copying my review from the main thread in case others want my initial thoughts on how this worked for me straight from the mail box (and who maybe aren't reading the main thread).
Primum Mobile in the bottle is soft but has a strength behind it. Without looking at the notes, I'm not quite sure what is in here. Something herbal. Something sweet. Something that reminds me of woody florals. On my skin, it has an almost chamomile quality that softens into an almost rosemaried vibe without being rosemary (I'm thinking woody, but softly pungent). Mixed with that is a muted sweetness. The herbal vibe is a very soft one. This has a cooling vibe. Cool and soft. (I keep coming back to soft for this one--it just feels so gentle and calm and almost fluffy lol.) When I close my eyes and sniff, I get a very feathery lavender (almost white). I agree with the comments that said this feels spa like. Very upscale spa after a super amazing massage and a long soak in a tub full of beautiful oils. Pretty. It feels spring-like to me in many ways. In the interests of full disclosure, I also get a soapy vibe from this one. Not sure if that will lessen or strengthen once the oil warms. I think this could be a good oil to put on during a session of insomnia. Which makes me think this is the one with the lavenders in it. It feels soothing and gentle. As it continues to dry down, I am starting to amp the Mexican tienda dryer sheet aisle note that has harassed me before. Curses! Foiled again! And, of course, as is the law of perfume, the more you try to get rid of a scrubber, the longer it seems determined to hang on.
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie »

Cool, pale, herbal and floral. Sweetish, perfumey, floral. Smells a bit soapy to me, but many florals do that. This smells like spring florals to me - a sort of narcissus or hyacinth type of smell. I don't smell lavender that I can identify - perhaps white lavender,?

Woah, this has throw. All of it floral and rather soapy. Not for me (the original floral-phobe).
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
Oreana
a spark
a spark

Post by Oreana »

I tend to stay away from most florals but thought the sage and thyme would make this more herbal, but wow it just amps soapy floral on me. Dries down to something dryer sheet like. So it's a sweet and fresh scent but not for me.