Hope

This group of Yule scents was inspired by Dante who wrote Il Paradisio and another epic poem about Purgatory. Rich in tone, these are a wonderful combination of the most beautiful musks, fabulous resins, celestial coconuts with ferns, iris, candy, and the sweet imagination which Possets puts in all of their works.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hope

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: One of the questions that the CIA was supposed to have asked recruits was: which of the 3 cardinal virtues was the most important, and the correct answer was supposed to have been 'hope'. Without hope, all is lost, even for a master spy.

Above all, hope takes us to a high place with a lovely blend of; Yellow musk, white oude, chrysanthemum, and a tiny amount of strawberry. Very pretty and the perfect counterweight to depression.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
hill78
principalities
principalities

Re: Hope

Post by hill78 »

Very pretty! A lot of strawberry in the bottle and wet on the skin. Yummy fresh strawberry, sweet and tart at the same time. As it begins to dry down there is a softening of the strawberry and the musk comes forward. Most of the tartness is gone now, this is a mellow sweet, but gently bright musk. There is a hint of a very soft woodsy quality that I think is coming from the oude. It isn't a hard wood note though, more like a very soft sandalwood. The musk is the main star on my skin, and it is lovely. I think this may be the second of my decants to get upgraded to a bottle (but only a 5ml, since I don't often crave fruity scents).
willworkforvanilla
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by willworkforvanilla »

Generally speaking I don't care for Strawberry all that much (as a scent). It has the unwanted effect of smelling too young for me most of the time.

Hope does smell very strongly of strawberry but not in a juvenile way. It's a very pretty, girlie fragrance that I could wear.

I am also picking up on the most unusual herbal smell. Maybe that is the chrysanthemum? I like it!

The musk is there and it is what I think keeps this blend from smelling childish.

I know the description says very little strawberry but on my skin...it's a lot of strawberry. Your mileage may very.

I'm on the fence about whether or not to get the big bottle. I do like this scent and I think in the summer I would wear it, only I just can't see me reaching for this as often as some of my other oils.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Origin: decant from the lovely Ajevie's circle
Initial thought: the notes listed were So not my usual thing, but it sounded promising regardless.
In vial: Whoa, Strawberry! A little synthetic? Reminded me of a bubble bath or body lotion I had when I was young.
On skin: mmm, real fruit, not synthetic. Nice. More fruit than just strawberry. Watermelon? It's fruity and smells real. Do not dismiss it as a "floral fruity". Oh Hell no.
I'm getting a suggestion of honey but not honey. Maybe the yellow musk and oude working together? It's not honey, but if it were it would be fairly light.
It's girly and fun to start, but drying down definitely not juvenile. It's like it matures a little in the dry down but doesn't take itself too seriously.
Pretty. This would be fun to wear in Spring/Summer but also made this cold winter day brighter.
ETA: this is quite lovely. I wish it had some more throw. I might need a bottle though.
Pretty may somehow be more accurate than lovely. At any rate, I'm impressed.
ETA: omg, wonderful dry down...
This will be one of those of which it will be said, "this one should have got more love".
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Chime
archangel
archangel

Post by Chime »

In the bottle - strawberry! Smooth and creamy.
On skin - still strawberry light and bright with something else I don't know what and yes ! exactly what I wanted and didn't know I wanted.
As it dries, the distinct strawberry scent is gone and oh no! now it smells floral and slight bitter/sharp woodiness.
final dry down - no strawberry and thankfully no floral. It smells light and a bit bitter herbal-wood but still bright. Not bracing, rather smooth and "sophisticated" if you can call a perfume that. Very wearable but I miss the initial strawberry top note.
codexnocturna.blogspot.com