Faith

This group of Yule scents was inspired by Dante who wrote Il Paradisio and another epic poem about Purgatory. Rich in tone, these are a wonderful combination of the most beautiful musks, fabulous resins, celestial coconuts with ferns, iris, candy, and the sweet imagination which Possets puts in all of their works.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Faith

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: Sweet, sweet, irrational faith. It cannot be manufactured or coerced but has to advance freely like a cool breeze on your soul! Sugar, violet, and tamarind, clove. A bit sweet and very compelling. It is another comforting scent in the Il Paradisio Collection.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: Faith

Post by Petticoats »

Faith is surprisingly foody and most definitely yummy. It has a gingery-spicy quality, though not as heavy or dense as gingerbread. It's a sweet, warming, cheering fragrance--a true delight.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
willworkforvanilla
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by willworkforvanilla »

As Petticoats has said...Faith is foodie. I'm picking up on something like baked pie dough. It’s very flakey and buttery pie dough. Looking at the list of notes, I'm not sure why that is. I also pick up the sugared violets. All I know of Tamarind is the actual fruit (my kids love them) but nothing in faith reminds me of Tamarind (maybe it's a different Tamarind?). I do smell the clove. This is a very sweet blend in a bakery sort of way. It's nice, but recently I have noticed I'm not as drawn to the foodie blends as I used to be so this little decant is heading to the sale/swap pile.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

I blind bought this during the sale after reading the (2) reviews and some other posts.
Yes, it starts out foody. Warm-spicy. I absolutely love the clove in this which is a good thing because I amp it for quite a while. It is a little bit "dirty" on me, which is a positive thing. Not dirty as in unwashed or even anamalic. Maybe it's the warm/dry vibe. Anyway, it's good.
After several hours it does get less foody and more perfumy on me. The violet is not strong, more of a suggestion on me. I think the sugar is finally mellowing out the clove, not really getting tamarind at the moment.
I like it. I liked it enough to vote for it :)
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds