Mars-Heavenly Warrior

This group of Yule scents was inspired by Dante who wrote Il Paradisio and another epic poem about Purgatory. Rich in tone, these are a wonderful combination of the most beautiful musks, fabulous resins, celestial coconuts with ferns, iris, candy, and the sweet imagination which Possets puts in all of their works.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mars-Heavenly Warrior

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: Mars, the war planet, greeted Dante on his next part of the journey. Cold but red hued, Mars is the untamed feel of valor. A celebration of cedar and fir, laid over with rue, a strong note of myrrh incense, and a zest of citrus to keep the blend from being too ponderous. Strong and upbeat, a celebration of duty well done and acts of daring.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Re: Mars-Heavenly Warrior

Post by Atropos »

Any reviews of this one? I am seriously interested in adding it to my list. :)
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Re: Mars-Heavenly Warrior

Post by Atropos »

So I guess no one else tried this one, and I am surprised and saddened by this, as it's lovely. Maybe it was the pine that frightened people off, though it shouldn't have. Though I did, because I can't wait, even though I know I should, wait for travel shock to wear off. And that day or two really changes this scent. So if you have it, give it another go now that it's aged a bit and had time to settle into it's own.

In the bottle: It almost has a bubblegum note, okay not even almost, it is.

On the skin: Undaunted I I tried it on and the bubblegum goes away immediately. It turns into myrrh, and maybe rue, and that spark of citrus.

Warmed up: It's myrrh, citrus, maybe rue (though I'm not sure what rue smells like), and an undercurrent of pine. The pine is so understated that it's a base note, and it never gets Pinesol pine cleaner.

This is fresh, and lovely. It is a real winner.