Mercury

This group of Yule scents was inspired by Dante who wrote Il Paradisio and another epic poem about Purgatory. Rich in tone, these are a wonderful combination of the most beautiful musks, fabulous resins, celestial coconuts with ferns, iris, candy, and the sweet imagination which Possets puts in all of their works.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mercury

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: The hot unstable planet which appears to travel backwards at times, and cause havoc on Earth. Rose (red, of course) combined with cinnamon and red musk to bind the fragrance to a stable bond. Mercury is exciting and "flitty warm", and somehow makes sense of a weird combination, but it's such a delightful and natural mixture that you wonder why this has not become a staple of perfuming. I find that Mercury take the excitement of spices and puts it with the seduction of a great rose. Crash into your love then retrograde onto the couce!

*If you are a sensitive skinned person you might be wise to try this one out with a patch test on your skin to make sure that it won't irritate you. You might also be happier if you used this one in a scent locket as your main way of wearing Mercury.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: Mercury

Post by Petticoats »

I should have taken Fabienne's warning to heart and done a patch test before diving headfirst, because my skin did become irritated and I had to wash Mercury off. Now I know I need a scent locket.

Even if my skin hadn't been sensitive to it, I think that on me Mercury will be better worn in a scent locket, because I was amping the cinnamon to the point that I could scarcely smell the rose. In the bottle the two notes are nicely balanced, so again--it's perfume locket time!
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
hill78
principalities
principalities

Re: Mercury

Post by hill78 »

This one doesn't burn me, thankfully, but on the less fortunate side my skin is amping the rose in a way that makes the cinnamon and red musk pretty much moot. At first I was hopeful, the cinnamon was almost stronger than the rose, and the rose had a wonderful fruity quality (which I am guessing was from the red musk), but as soon as this one starts to dry down my skin causes it to go haywire. Rose is all up in my face and I am very sad. If I sniff deeply very close to my hand I can still smell the cinnamon, but a few inches from my skin it is all dry, powdery rose. Damned skin chemistry.