Silver Pomegranate

Everything from chic chypres, to gorgeous gourmandy fragrances, to plush resins and more.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Silver Pomegranate

Post by Boudicca »

Possets description: Heeding a request from a Possetier, I have created Silver Pomegranate. This fruit has a green and interestingly dry side to it in addition to the normal sweetness. There is an attractive bitter quality to a real pomegranate and that should be remembered in its perfume or else something essential is lost. of course the lovely "Silver" base can't help but be a powerful attractant. This is a strong, lovely, long lasting winner.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Chime
archangel
archangel

Re: Silver Pomegranate

Post by Chime »

In the bottle- fresh juicy tart fruit with a candy like sweetness (more cranberry than pomegranate). I like it a lot like this.
On skin - much of the same and then it loses its candy sweetness. now it is tart and a little bit green and just a little bit sweet but not candy sweet. I am seriously thinking cranberry. Definitely "red".
After a while it becomes a mild tart fruity scent (now its closer to pomegranate) with sweetness surrounding it like a halo. the final dry down is the silver scent - sweet vanilla musk or something like it.
codexnocturna.blogspot.com
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

I am wearing this today---with a full on application. All I can say is this is SO much more than I expected. The little test I did of it, did NOT allow it to shine. This one requires full application and full wear to get all of the nuances.

This starts off sweet, but has a similar element to the incensy note that I adore in Nuut, so needless to say I am ALL about this one. It's like Nuut's sweeter, softer, more fruity sister. Adore. If people love Nuut, if people love vanilla, if people love fruity fragrances that aren't so super sweet they rot your teeth, this is one to try. Just do it.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Floria
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Floria »

Pomegranate can sometimes go too sour or cough syrupy on me, but this one doesn't. I think the sweetness of the silver base does a good job sweetening and tempering the pomegranate - it veers a little into the candylike, but not into full-on molten Jolly Rancher territory, which is sometimes a problem for me with red fruit scents. The pomegranate note is a bit candied, a bit juicy, and very fruity and red. If you think you'll like this from the sound of the notes, you probably will.
Also - many Possets tend to play up the sweeter notes in the blend, but at least to my nose and when fairly freshly applied, this is much more Pomegranate than Silver.
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

I had waited on this one for the same reason Floria mentioned in her review, sometime Pomegranate ends up too sour, or cough syrup-y, or just plain weird on my skin. But the reviews led me to give this one a try. So glad I did! This is such a lovely, refreshing take on silver. It is sweet, but the tart quality of the Pom really tames the sweetness, and even seems to provide a sort of musky quality. Really, really like this a lot!
lizbet
mortal
mortal

Post by lizbet »

I lurve pomegranate so this was a no brainer. I'd say it's evenly balanced between "silver" and pom, so folks that disklike overly tart or juicy scents needn't worry. It kind of reminds me of those Lifesavers that are a 50/50 swirl of vanilla and fruit flavors.
katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka »

I'd encourage everyone who loves pomegranate and the Possets silver base to take advantage of Retour and give this one a try. I took out my decant from last year, and this scent has all the complexity and longevity that the reviewers above are referring to. This holds its own even in the face of Fabienne's latest masterpiece creations.