Bitter

Everything from chic chypres, to gorgeous gourmandy fragrances, to plush resins and more.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Bitter

Post by Boudicca »

Possets description: Created as a beautiful companion piece to Sorrow, Bitter illustrates longing. Very dry and sophisticated, there is nothing of the Lolita about it. This is a grown up, refreshing, and cruelly enticing perfume, not for the faint of heart.

Bitter green sap combined with citron zest. Dark patchouli, crystal and grey musks, myrtle, and clary sage.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bitter

Post by Maya »

I keep wondering if this would have an edge similar to Arabesque. Did someone try this one at all?
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

I am really tempted by this one, any reviews?
warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo »

Bitter has an indolic quality to it, something in between jasmine and lilac. It's a somber floral. I don't get patchouli at all, and when I think "citron" I would expect a sharp, perfumey edge, but it doesn't have that either. It feels familiar and quite Victorian. Very pretty.
RayneofCastamere

Post by RayneofCastamere »

The best way to describe Bitter is "green." In the bottle it really does smell like crushed plant of some sort and when first applied it smells like you've just rolled around on some plants and their juice got smeared on you as your rolling crushed them. This is a compliment, mind. There's something so natural and nostalgic about that smell. As it dries it gets a bit more...herby? Floral? At any rate it softens and that sap/plantlike quality transforms into something else that I can only really describe as "green." It really is bitter, but in the best way. It really just smells green and natural and it is lovely. I'm really glad I took a chance on it.