Dead From Love

Everything from chic chypres, to gorgeous gourmandy fragrances, to plush resins and more.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Dead From Love

Post by Boudicca »

Possets description: An amazingly spritely scent for such a sad name. Incense and a woody almost minty musk, patchouli and cedar. There is something as serious as a beautiful funeral about this blend, but something which wishes to live for love as well. Also, a drop of earthiness which keeps this from just being too high keyed.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Re: Dead From Love

Post by gypsyjolie »

This is an odd scent. It's fresh and white smelling, like a 'clean linen' candle or room scent, with a woody undertone. The undertone is patchouli I think, and it softens the somewhat sharp clean scent. It borders on soapy with my skin chemistry. This is masculine to my nose, and in the aquatic/sport family. It's prettier than those scents usually are - with the hint of incense in the throw and the patchouli grounding the scent, but it's primarily this clean laundry scent. Decent throw.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
Boudicca

Re: Dead From Love

Post by Boudicca »

I pretty much agree with gypsyjolie's review on this one. I think it's the "almost minty musk" that brings to mind the aquatic/sport vibe, which I usually do not care for on myself at all. That aspect here is bracing and almost cold to me so it works. The incense keeps it from going too far in that direction. I'd really love some actual incense that smelled like this. I will have to try it in my oil burner. It's like clean incense. What a concept!
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds