Softly

Everything from chic chypres, to gorgeous gourmandy fragrances, to plush resins and more.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Softly

Post by Boudicca »

Possets description: A soft and strong emollient fragrance. A spa-like note (something like the next generation of The Vert, with a middle section of rose to keep the whole together) a sweet balsam, an small amount of honey. The perfect balance between volume and intensity
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: Softly

Post by Petticoats »

In bottle: nice! I do get the spa-like quality; fresh, uplifting, a little herbal, a little bright, but very pretty. I hope it behaves on skin (sometimes green tea goes soapy on me).

Wet on skin: clean, bright, softly/sweetly herbal, wakeful and cheerful.

Starting to dry down: still all that, but now on the assertive side. I’m not getting honey or softness. The rose does emerge a little more on later drydown, and that’s pretty, but it’s still balanced by the other notes and doesn’t take over.

Overall, this isn't really the type of fragrance I'm drawn to personally, but it's delightful, uplifting, and definitely has the spa-like aspect that Fabienne mentions. On me, at least, it's also got a lot of throw. For fans of Possets like Arabesque and Triangulation, Softly is a great way to brighten up the remains of winter.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.