Sparks

Everything from chic chypres, to gorgeous gourmandy fragrances, to plush resins and more.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Sparks

Post by Boudicca »

Possets description: Head clearing peppermint, burled walnut, black walnut leaves, angelica, a tot of grapefruit, and grapefruit zest. This is an almost fruity blend of menthol-like aromatics which have combined to make a blend with a very snappy and sharp edge. Don't let that fool you, Sparks has a stingingly fresh and minty start but simmers down to a clean and snugly aura when dry.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Re: Sparks

Post by warriortwo »

I chose this one for the name alone. The word "sparks" has always had positive connotations for me, but the notes didn't sound appealing on their own. Burled walnut? Black walnut leaves? Angelica? I have no reference point for those.

The perfume is quite pretty. It is the first ever perfume that I've ever tried that truly smells--to me--like being in a bookstore. The peppermint is not what you would expect (not at all like a candy cane, or even very sharp), though it does open up the sinuses. Beneath that, it smells faintly like pipe tobacco, and the overall effect is like being in a room full of books! That's the only way I can explain it. A Barnes and Noble, or Waterstones, where the books are new.

The sillage is nonexistent, and the peppermint fades quickly, leaving a pleasant scent reminiscent of a very fine, well-worn leather armchair. I can only smell it if I put my wrist to my nose (which I keep doing, repeatedly). It's more of an olfactory experience, rather than a perfume I would wear out and about.