The Velvet Riding Habit

Everything from chic chypres, to gorgeous gourmandy fragrances, to plush resins and more.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

The Velvet Riding Habit

Post by Boudicca »

Possets description: A simple and alluring blend of the most beautiful of rose and the most sexy of leather. I picture a 19th century lady in perfect riding dress trimmed in velvet and looking so chic, with a nipped in waist and a pert French tricorn hat; enticing a handsome guest of her hunt club. On sidesaddle, of course! The Riding Habit just oozes class and style.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: The Velvet Riding Habit

Post by Petticoats »

Wow. Sexy as hell! This is a lush, womanly rose with a dark, primal quality that must be the leather. I wasn't sure how I felt about a leather note, but it's balanced so gorgeously with the rose that I can only surrender to it. This is as deeply sensuous and grown-up a rose as in Woman, but a leeetle bit brighter, I think; I'm just going from memory, mind you, but I think Velvet Riding Habit may be a skosh better suited for daytime wear. For sophisticated rose lovers nonetheless.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
katiushka
archangel
archangel

Re: The Velvet Riding Habit

Post by katiushka »

The perfect fresh, bright, soft but also long-lasting rose scent with amazing sillage! I've been looking for something like this for a while.

I'm not very good with picking out Fabienne's leather in scents (I just know that, when her leather is present, I tend to like the scents). What I smell is a fresh scent of rose in the crisp fall rain. It doesn't overpower, but it lasts the whole day and fills my office with the scent. (I came out, came back and could smell the amazing scent of roses pervading the room.)

It's not a "girly" rose, but not too heady either. Definitely sexy, and suited for daytime wear. Brava, Fabienne! Glad I snagged this during retour :rose4u: