The Wickedest Idea of All

Everything from chic chypres, to gorgeous gourmandy fragrances, to plush resins and more.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

The Wickedest Idea of All

Post by Boudicca » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:32 pm

Possets description: Imagine all the things you like to eat and you get to eat all of them at one sitting. Wicked? Yes...but it's one of those things you are ashamed to admit you do, but you love doing them. Wintergreen and butter, most bitter chocolate enrobed in vanilla bark with the smallest whiff of gum in there. When you smell it, you will think,"Oh, my!" Very gourmandy.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

Angewl
mortal
mortal

Re: The Wickedest Idea of All

Post by Angewl » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:45 pm

Alright, I guess I'm the first to review this one... Don't let my review deter you from trying it...
So on my skin, The Wickedest Idea of All smells like wintergreen chewing gum (perhaps similar to the green Chiclets...) and cake.
It is quite intense and I just couldn't wear it. Had to take it off about 30 minutes after trying it.
Don't really have much else to add except for that it'd probably be helpful if some other people threw in their review as well. :-)

Shirel
a spark
a spark

Post by Shirel » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:09 pm

I must say that I was slightly disappointed with this scent... it's not that it's yucky, it smells odd like a kind of bubblegum I had as a child. Not exactly bazooka but maybe a cinnamon gum? On me this smells just like bubblegum and spices...

Just not me sadly :( I was hoping for another chocolate-mint scent and this isn't it. Though I am starting to get a hint of mint when I sniff my wrists it's very very odd to smell with the bubblegum and spices O_O
ImageImage

Floria
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Floria » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:09 pm

This is not as stereotypically gourmand as I'd been expecting from all the foody ingredients. Maybe that's because it's not super-sweet, or because some of the note combinations (wintergreen & chocolate?) aren't very common in actual confectionery.

But enough about what it isn't. It is rich, a bit foody, fairly "deep" and base-heavy but in a cozy way, with the unexpected top note of the wintergreen. The scent itself is not bitter, but the chocolate aspect is very dark rather than sweet. According to my mom, the overall "feel" is a bit like sweet pipe tobacco.