Nebula

A stunning array of beautiful perfumes designed to compliment such a spectacular phenomenon.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Nebula

Post by Boudicca »

Possets description:
The beautiful clouds surrounding the nursery of stars, Nebulae should be a fragrance which demands you return time and time again. Supremely subtle, alluring and enduring, Nebulae is made up of about 7 different musks and they have combined to become a wondrous cloud surrounding you all day long. White, grey, and a silver musk (not the famous Silver accord), with a foggy sort of sweet and beautiful musk which is called Musk 322, labdanum, and hawthorne. The whole is much more than the sum of the parts and there was some wonderful chemistry here which bloomed on my skin.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
reverend squid
a spark
a spark

Re: Nebula

Post by reverend squid »

This actually does have a very foggy feel...it smells smooth in the vial, definitely musks. Once it was on it went ever so slightly soapy, but not in an unwearable way, just very clean. It isn't strong, but it wafts around you and has a huge feel of airiness to it. This is going to be a rubbish review, because I can't describe it any better than that...it was foggy! I wore it to work, we were very busy so I didn't think much about it and by the time I'd come home it had disappeared so I can't comment on the dry down. It wasn't a huge laster, but my skin can eat perfume sometimes..

I will definitely be trying it again - I can see it being one I keep going back to. Lovely and very unusual.
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie »

wet: This smells blue and airy and expansive to me. I close my eyes and imagine a night sky with millions of stars stretching out from where I am.
drying: These musks are so lovely. Still smells clear and blue to me - lightly sweetish, clear, wet. Maybe the scent of sunlight sparkling on tiny ripple waves on a lake? Not aquatic or sharp at all. Clean, but softly airy, fresh but not bracing.
full drydown: This is gorgeous. Not my usual style of perfume but I am loving this. It is optimistic and comforting, airy and rejuvenating. Good throw, though not a long laster on me - perhaps aging will help this last longer. It's sweet enough to hint at vanilla and thus reads as feminine to me. Musk lovers, check this out!!
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

I keep wanting to give a good review of this one, but I think Gypsyjolie did the one I was angling for in my head. This feels very astronomical to me (in comparison to some of the others). It felt soft but also star-like. It felt expansive but intimate. The first thing I thought was: anyone who loves Fabienne's musks must try this. I'm so glad to see that comment made. I concur!
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

This fragrance transports me back in time to my adolescence (I was likely wearing Coty Wild Musk Oil at the time). It is early summer dusk and the breeze is just picking up. I'm in the park hanging out with my friends near my family home where there is a hawthorn hedge along the path and a patch of sweet briar further down. This is not my usual kind of scent but I find myself so drawn to it. I get busy working on something then I catch a whiff & I get this overall sense of well being. I love it when a fragrance can do that. The scent lasts a good 8 hours with decent sillage too. Nebula smells like Wings of an Angel with creamy pale roses. I'm hoping if I layer Wings of an Angel with The Pleiades, I will get something very close to Nebula.
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

I was so curious about this fragrance after reading the widely varying reviews. I couldn't imagine something that could suggest roses, wide-open sky, sun-dappled ocean, and Egyptian musk... but now that I try it for myself, I completely understand. It's a lovely chameleon. I almost get a tiny bit of fir resin to balance the sweetness, but it's all so airy and delightful, with a fluffy quality like Vega that makes me think of clouds.

At first I was afraid I was getting a whiff of clean laundry, which white musk sometimes turns into on me (it did in Tidal Wave, alas), but fortunately a little resting reassured me that that's not the case. I think Nebula will be a great sweet fragrance for warm weather; there's nothing heavy or cloying about it, and it's subtle enough that it should be safe for the office. A lovely find, and unlike anything else in my (enormous) collection!
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.