Medusa

Sicily is awash in fragrances, some of the most famous are: lemon, blood orange, jasmine and bergamot, rosemary, myrtle, sage, basil, figs and cucumbers, coffee and pink pepper and sly violet. Possets plays with all those and brings in a few happy notes of our own to seduce your senses.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Medusa

Post by Boudicca »

Possets description:
Medusa is a protectoress of Sicily, and her face appears in the middle of the official flag. Few people know that the story of Medusa starts off as her being a young woman, desired by many, who angers Athena to the point where the goddess afflicts Medusa with snakes for hair which is very offputting to gentlemen. She was, through it all, a tender hearted and crushed girl. To celebrate the loveliness which Medusa lost Possets has come up with a coconut fragrance which is latticed throughout with a kiss of olive blossom, a hint of myrtle, and a very small amount of stone.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: Medusa

Post by Petticoats »

In bottle, beautiful! Sweet and lovely. I get the coconut and what I think is the olive blossom, and a tiny bit of tartness.

Wet on skin: there’s an almost fruity quality that I think is the olive blossom; it’s reminding me of Frolic, in which that note takes on a ripe-peach quality. This is incredibly pretty.

As it dries down: It’s more soft-spoken and dreamy than Mafia but equally feminine and summery. The coconut is beautiful and harmonizes so beautifully with the other notes; it’s present but doesn’t try to take over. I’m not getting the stone, but that’s fine with me.

It makes me think of gardens and soft breezes and idyllic sunny days. I’m so glad I got this! It’s heavenly.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

I'm note sure why I didn't wear this much in the summer, but I put some on today and I was surprised how much I liked it. I get the osmanthus, peachy, plum scent with lots of that stone note, which I didn't pick up previously (aging perhaps). I don't wear fruity florals very often, but the stone note reminds me of the mountains at higher elevations outside Vancouver after a rainfall and that is what really makes this fragrance stand out for me. It's interesting that I'm craving this type of fragrance in January and in September I just wanted heavy incense and woods. I am definitely ready for Spring.
marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola »

One of my favorite collections of Fabienne's and this is one blend I had not tried. I am loving the combination of notes. The coconut in it is not overly sweet and not beachy or gourmand, more of a fresh nut with a bit of a woody tone, and the herbs, and olive blossom combine beautifully, giving it as several reviewers said, a slight tart and peach quality without being really fruity or sweet. I really love it for a summer day. I like Fabienne's rendition and her writing on her history--I looked it up and it looks like this was the Roman version by Ovid. I found a beautiful painting from the 1800's that I think depicts Fabienne's rendition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medusa#/m ... Medusa.jpg
tleslie832
a spark
a spark

Post by tleslie832 »

After testing a decant trying to find a coconut I liked, I ended up getting a 10 ml because this is so stunning. I don't get coconut at all (except as the occasional waft out of the bottle), so coconut is definitely not a major note; if you don't like coconut don't let that steer you away! Definitely sweet and fruity without being really fruity and cloying. I'm not sure what I"m smelling, I keep trying other scents to try to figure it out since I'm not familiar with osmanthus or myrtle on their own. Or maybe it's just so beautifully blended. It transports me back to my grandmother's; I don't know what she had that smelled like this as she didn't really wear perfume. i wish I could describe it better.