Acanthus

Sicily is awash in fragrances, some of the most famous are: lemon, blood orange, jasmine and bergamot, rosemary, myrtle, sage, basil, figs and cucumbers, coffee and pink pepper and sly violet. Possets plays with all those and brings in a few happy notes of our own to seduce your senses.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Acanthus

Post by Boudicca »

Possets description:
Named for the type of plant crowning Corinthian columns. Strong clove notes are combined with a grey musk, a foundation of pink damascena rose otto and a good portion of sandalwood (a dark golden sort of sandalwood). Strong and beautiful in the way that Miss Dior used to be, a bit imperious and formal but the sort of scent which would be associated with a wearer with a great deal of command. Somewhat complex yet very harmonious. A cross between an oriental and a chypre, the crossroads of Eastern and European taste.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Acanthus

Post by Maya »

I had hopes for this one. The notes come through clearly and I definitely get each coming together to make this. Sadly, somehow they merge to become a lovely rose scented mosquito repellent on me. (I'm pretty sure it's the clove and sandalwood combo.) This could be pretty fantastic on the right person (the potential on me is there, but it just never quite gets away from the mosquito repellent). I really like the rose in this (bright and fresh), but the rest is a sad tale of woe on my skin.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
samcalam
principalities
principalities

Post by samcalam »

Maybe you could try it in a scent locket or on some cotton wool tucked in somewhere! :)
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

I have had two rose otto scents turn to flea shampoo on me before but bug repellent spray would be very close also. I hope to read more feedback on Acanthus before the collection comes down because I love grey musk and the combination of clove and sandalwood.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Small update: This did simmer down quite a bit after about 3 hours of mosquito repellent and has been holding steady at a very cloveish rose with a hint of sandalwood note. I'm glad it calmed down some, and think that for less finicky skin this will really be enjoyed.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by stellamaris »

I cannot wear this. I have it on the Age This and Try it in a Few Months shelf. Something here is off for me :tfb:
Malaena
primordial
primordial

Post by Malaena »

Let me preface this with the fact that rose has never ever worked on me. I only tried this one because it was a freebie!

Wet - Rosy but not overpoweringly so.

Drying - Rose...ROSE...ROSEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I had to wash it off. Damn rose!